I know this isnt the first time this has come up, but do you guys have any thoughts about modding a weber ring for shish kabob use? I found these 41" camping forks that cost $4/each and would make nice skewers when cut.
(http://www.sportco.com/store/pc/catalog/9195campfork_2105_general.jpg)
My thoughts are I wouldn't really care about additional airflow because its not airtight anyway.
Thoughts?
It should work , I guess the main differences in the two rings are
The height , the kabob ring is only 2 inches high and the roti is 5 or 6
And the fit , the kabob ring is a really good fit on the kettle and doesn't have the gap the roti ring does not that it should matter.
Those forks should work for length, only concern is they look round
The weber ones are rectangle so you can turn the skewer to cook both sides of the meat without it spinning