Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: zavod44 on August 31, 2013, 07:09:04 PM

Title: Have we seen this handle before?
Post by: zavod44 on August 31, 2013, 07:09:04 PM
I picked up a smokey the other day, and at first glance I thought the handle was shot, but when I looked at it it was a short stubby handle from the offset smokey mounted on the regular handle smokey?

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165219030_HDR_zpsec3f7680.jpg) (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/zavod112/media/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165219030_HDR_zpsec3f7680.jpg.html)

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165213786_HDR_zps2ca1da14.jpg) (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/zavod112/media/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165213786_HDR_zps2ca1da14.jpg.html)

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165209348_HDR_zpsf096a270.jpg) (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/zavod112/media/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165209348_HDR_zpsf096a270.jpg.html)

(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z276/zavod112/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165202067_HDR_zps3bcccc19.jpg) (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/zavod112/media/Smokey/IMG_20130830_165202067_HDR_zps3bcccc19.jpg.html)


Maybe someone has posted this, I just don't remember seeing it before.  I could have missed it though.....
Title: Re: Have we seen this handle before?
Post by: glrasmussen on August 31, 2013, 07:29:51 PM
I can't believe you didn't clean it up... ;) That was the bonus pick up, show us the other...
Title: Re: Have we seen this handle before?
Post by: pbe gummi bear on August 31, 2013, 07:58:10 PM
Actually I have noticed that on some CL ads. I just thought the sanded them down after rotting. Nice pick up!
Title: Re: Have we seen this handle before?
Post by: Craig on August 31, 2013, 09:53:03 PM
Someone on here, I thought it was Shaun, that had said that there were some offset wood handle/standard handle mount 'Joes floating around out there, yours is living proof. BTW, have you made this style yet Brian?
Title: Re: Have we seen this handle before?
Post by: Duke on September 01, 2013, 05:22:15 AM
Quote from: Craig on August 31, 2013, 09:53:03 PM
Someone on here, I thought it was Shaun, that had said that there were some offset wood handle/standard handle mount 'Joes floating around out there, yours is living proof. BTW, have you made this style yet Brian?

Right, I have one. I guess it was just some leftover stock from the panhandles when they changed the lids.
Title: Re: Re: Have we seen this handle before?
Post by: zavod44 on September 01, 2013, 06:13:23 AM
Quote from: Craig on August 31, 2013, 09:53:03 PM
Someone on here, I thought it was Shaun, that had said that there were some offset wood handle/standard handle mount 'Joes floating around out there, yours is living proof. BTW, have you made this style yet Brian?


Of course I make this....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4