Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: bama bbq on August 26, 2012, 05:05:48 PM

Title: Wagon Master Beef Stew
Post by: bama bbq on August 26, 2012, 05:05:48 PM

I did Byron's Wagon Master Beef Stew from: http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/dutch-oven-recipe-wagonmstrstew.htm

I browned the meat in two batches, added the aromatics, then deglazed the pan with brazing liquid to get the Fond from the bottom and it made a very tasty stew.

(http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/bamabbq/IMG_0889.jpg)

(http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/bamabbq/IMG_0890.jpg)

(http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/bamabbq/IMG_0891.jpg)

(http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/bamabbq/IMG_0892.jpg)

(http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/bamabbq/IMG_0893.jpg)

(http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/bamabbq/IMG_0895.jpg)
Title: Re: Wagon Master Beef Stew
Post by: 1911Ron on August 27, 2012, 03:00:03 PM
Looks tasty.  What type of pan is that under the DO?
Title: Re: Wagon Master Beef Stew
Post by: bama bbq on August 27, 2012, 03:13:37 PM
Quote from: 1911Ron on August 27, 2012, 03:00:03 PM
Looks tasty.  What type of pan is that under the DO?

I think it's the lid to the pot I use to brine chicken and pork butts in.  Not sure really ....just a piece of metal to keep the D.O. from falling thru the grill. 
Title: Re: Wagon Master Beef Stew
Post by: Vermin99 on August 27, 2012, 08:40:28 PM
outstanding stew!!