I love cooking with leftovers and hate throwing food away. I try to be Frugal at times and use what we have. This concoction actually turned out pretty darn good!
Soon to be Famous Hot Dog Chili (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSbY2yj5y0M)
Be still my heart! I loveeee using up leftovers. I just can't stand to waste food. Just yesterday, I made some fresh slow cooked green beans. I had a pork steak left and some roasted pork loin. I chopped all that meat up and put it in the green beans.
everyone said they were my best green beans yet. I kept saying it has to be the meat that came from the grill, it had some smoke to it and really added a good flavor to the green beans. I usually buy smoked shanks or ham hocks, but this was wayyyyy Better.
Also wanted to add, imhave been meaning to thank you for the beans video. I have made A LOT of baked beans , but all the recipes ask for pounds and pounds of brown sugar, and they all seem too sweet. So after seeing your video, I tried some out. I don't have any Wolfe Rub, so I added just about two teaspoons, maybe less of brown sugar. They were awesome! Thick, spicy, just a touch of sweetness. Thanks for the inspiration .
Ahh, you're welcome! PM your email to me if you don't mind, I'll send you something to help with the beans!!!
That dish was certainly different and tasty looking!!