Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: Tommie on August 14, 2026, 03:45:35 AM

Title: 26” ash pan
Post by: Tommie on August 14, 2026, 03:45:35 AM
Hi all, was there a difference in size between the 26" ash pan and the 22"?

I would like to fit one to my 26 instead of the more modern ash catcher (call me crazy)

I have a twist on 22 one somewhere, if it's the same size I'll go hunting for it, if not I won't bother sweating.

Thanks in advance


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: MacEggs on August 14, 2026, 10:09:18 AM
The twist-on ash pan for a 26er is bigger than the one for a 22".
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: Tommie on August 14, 2026, 10:12:19 AM
Quote from: MacEggs on August 14, 2026, 10:09:18 AMThe twist-on ash pan for a 26er is bigger than the one for a 22".
Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: MacEggs on August 14, 2026, 10:17:37 AM
You're welcome!
I will have to look back into my photo archives.
I recall a picture that had three twist-on ash pans stacked. 18" on a 22"on a 26". It was after a visit from @MrHoss many years ago.
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: ASpitzer on August 14, 2026, 12:12:02 PM
There is someone reproducing the 3 sizes for vintage kettles and selling them on Ebay. They seem reasonably priced. They also make the one for the new 26 inch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/187035037916
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: Tommie on August 14, 2026, 12:47:22 PM
Brilliant thanks, I had seen these once before while scouring the internet, but couldn't find them recently


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: ASpitzer on August 14, 2026, 01:53:37 PM
Hopefully the shipping won't make them a no-go.
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: Tommie on August 14, 2026, 02:13:23 PM
Thanks, I'll weight it up and see. I've managed to find a pretty reasonable forwarding company that ships from the US to the UK. Got something pretty cool coming Tuesday from your "side of the pond"


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: bamakettles on August 15, 2026, 05:29:38 AM
I've bought many pans from @Jeff over the years.  Pretty sure he's still making them.

https://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=44728.msg443624#msg443624
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: MacEggs on August 15, 2026, 08:32:11 AM
Quote from: MacEggs on August 14, 2026, 10:17:37 AMI will have to look back into my photo archives.
I recall a picture that had three twist-on ash pans stacked.
18" on a 22"on a 26".


@Tommie , I found it!

(https://i.postimg.cc/CZrz8L2r/IMG-4637.jpg) (https://postimg.cc/CZrz8L2r)
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: MacEggs on August 15, 2026, 08:33:32 AM
Quote from: bamakettles on August 15, 2026, 05:29:38 AMI've bought many pans from @Jeff over the years.  Pretty sure he's still making them.

https://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=44728.msg443624#msg443624

Top notch quality!
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: Tommie on August 15, 2026, 11:00:01 AM
Thank you guys much appreciated 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: bgilbert44 on September 07, 2026, 05:34:03 AM
Quote from: ASpitzer on August 14, 2026, 12:12:02 PMThere is someone reproducing the 3 sizes for vintage kettles and selling them on Ebay. They seem reasonably priced. They also make the one for the new 26 inch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/187035037916
Oh cool! May need to buy some one day, this is my favorite style of ash pan besides the bucket.
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: bgilbert44 on September 07, 2026, 05:35:47 AM
On a related note, I vaguely remember seeing a post on here years ago where someone took a satellite dish and modded it to be a twist-on ash pan for an old Mothership Ranch Kettle 😅
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: bgilbert44 on September 07, 2026, 05:36:36 AM
If anyone has that photo, let me know!
Title: Re: 26” ash pan
Post by: Tommie on September 07, 2026, 06:18:01 AM
They sure are cool. I think for now I'm going to stick with the ash catcher as I'm using the 26 a lot recently and it just works betterer


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk