Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: bamakettles on January 02, 2026, 07:39:11 AM

Title: New Years 2026 Chuck Roast Burnt Ends
Post by: bamakettles on January 02, 2026, 07:39:11 AM
I've probably labored more this year over what to cook for our New Year's Dinner much more than I have in a while.  Looking back over the last 5 years I've done rib roasts either on rotisserie or on the Summit, mostly for the fun and taking advantage of the usual 9.99/lb sale at Publix.  This year I looked at them more than once, went to Costco and looked for a small brisket (hard to fine something under 18lbs here lately) at least 3 times and bought nothing.  I decided to take inventory of our freezer and found a chuck roast we bought a couple months back in a two pack.  I decided to cook what we have and try my hand at chuck roast burnt ends. 

I cooked it brisket style - to 160F, wrap in pink butcher paper with added beef tallow to 203F, rest for an hour, cube and add mix of bbq sauce, w sauce, bbq rub, butter and honey.  Into a foil pan, back to the smoker covered with foil for an hour at 275F, uncover and back to the smoker for another hour.  These were delicious!  I highly recommend if you have the taste for a brisket and don't want to bother with trimming and 16 hours of cooking.  Probably the easiest and most fun I've had in a while.  I also had plenty of time to work on a couple of locomotives from the holiday display.


Cheers!
Title: Re: New Years 2026 Chuck Roast Burnt Ends
Post by: ASpitzer on January 02, 2026, 07:42:46 AM
Good looking plate of food! Happy New Year!
Title: Re: New Years 2026 Chuck Roast Burnt Ends
Post by: larry4406 on January 02, 2026, 11:12:48 AM
Looks great!

And Crystal sauce for the win! ;)
Title: Re: New Years 2026 Chuck Roast Burnt Ends
Post by: Big Dawg on January 04, 2026, 09:28:37 AM
Very nice ! ! !

I usually go Pepper Stout with my Chuckies, but this looks a very nice change of pace.