Brought these home from our vacation trip - nice to have a little taste of freedom after being back at work for a week. Put the avocado oil sprayed soapstone on the Summit, preheated it to 450F, seasoned the filets heavily with Lane's Blackening seasoning and added a little butter to the stone just before cooking. Turned out great, I highly recommend the soapstone when searing. No sugar rubs/seasonings only or they will burn.
Cheers!
Lovely stuff, I haven't grilled fish in too long, I'm inspired
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Making me hungry!
Wow!! Looks so good!
Thanks all! Our seafood section of the freezer is packed thanks to a grate friend we have on the island.... More to come!
Cheers
Never used a soapstone. Do you think that you'd get a similar result with cast iron, like my Drip n Griddle?
Quote from: Big Dawg on October 28, 2025, 02:02:49 PMNever used a soapstone. Do you think that you'd get a similar result with cast iron, like my Drip n Griddle?
Yes, very similar. We use CI as well, but Kellee has to watch iron intake so the soapstone is a great alternative.