Searing, indirect, cast iron, skewers and all kinds of fun.... This little beauty cooks wonderfully. The kettle is cool too...
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Nothing but win in this post! CI Scallops and Tri Tip look great and Sweet yachtsman as well
Your tri tip almost looks as good as the Yachtsman!
Cheers
Quote from: SixZeroFour on May 29, 2023, 08:02:53 PM
Nothing but win in this post! CI Scallops and Tri Tip look great and Sweet yachtsman as well
Thanks Matt!
Quote from: AZ2FL on May 30, 2023, 04:44:26 AM
Your tri tip almost looks as good as the Yachtsman!
Cheers
Thanks Robert! I started to text you for advice - was my first tri tip but I decided to wing it and it turned out great. Seasoned with Kinder's SPG and set it in the fridge for a few hours. I got it out to let it come up in temp a bit while we lit the grill. Minute and a half flips over screaming hot lump then indirect to 125F IT. I read somewhere that it's best to sear tri tip first to seal in juices since there's not much fat in the cut. Had "good chew" if that makes sense. The scallops were awesome too. We bought a huge bag of them at Costco so we can sear them when we want this summer.
Cheers bud
awesome cook !!
Quote from: JEBIV on May 30, 2023, 07:44:14 AM
awesome cook !!
Thank you sir! Was one of the most fun and rewarding cooks we've done in a while.
Quote from: AZ2FL on May 30, 2023, 04:44:26 AM
Your tri tip almost looks as good as the Yachtsman!
Cheers
And both look almost as good as the cook ! ! !
BD
@bamakettles My only suggestion to your tri tip cook would be to slice it thinner, about 1/8" to 3/16" thick. Tri tip is one of my favorite cooks on a kettle.
Leftovers make great sandwiches.
Cheers
Thanks! I wanted a "steak" feel so I sliced a couple of thick ones. The rest was pretty thin. Thinking tacos tonight with the leftovers.
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Quote from: bamakettles on May 30, 2023, 02:15:20 PM
Thanks! I wanted a "steak" feel so I sliced a couple of thick ones. The rest was pretty thin. Thinking tacos tonight with the leftovers.
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Tri Tip tacos are tasty and a quick meal!
Tacos were awesome.... Made chips out of low carb tortillas to go with white queso..... good stuff.
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
You are better looking than I had you pictured!
Seriously good looking grills and food!
Quote from: 1911Ron on June 01, 2023, 11:24:43 AM
You are better looking than I had you pictured!
Seriously good looking grills and food!
Thank you very much lol! Now you see why I enjoy grilling so much.... ; )
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Great looking food and grills. Love grilling on yellow kettles and CI scallops. Need to do both more often.
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
This is a great cook those Scallops color looks so great i bet they just melted in your mouth, and the TriTip speaks for it self . a amazing plate.
Quote from: Easy on June 07, 2023, 05:06:18 PM
This is a great cook those Scallops color looks so great i bet they just melted in your mouth, and the TriTip speaks for it self . a amazing plate.
Thank you! Luckily we still have a bag full of those scallops and another tri tip in the freezer. Hope to enjoy them soon.
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)