Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: Lightning on May 26, 2023, 09:07:26 AM

Title: Frenched pork chops - tomahawk steak style
Post by: Lightning on May 26, 2023, 09:07:26 AM
The Sunday barbecue with football friends was pork chops since there was a PC points special on fresh pork.  I decided to get the tomahawk steak style Frenched pork chops which claimed to be heirloom pork and they were surprisingly reasonably priced.  I seasoned them up with Cluck and Squeal all purpose rub several hours before cooking:

(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q70/923/lwV9MA.jpg)

(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q70/924/dQMcly.jpg)

Potatoes (L) and lobster roll appetizers (R) in the oven.

(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q70/922/1IWK6Z.jpg)

(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q70/922/SxHLoe.jpg)

I didn't get a picture of the shrimp skewers on the grill but that's what our dinner plates looked like.  The heirloom pork chops were excellent, far better meat than Fortinos regular pork chops so I'll be doing those again.
Title: Re: Frenched pork chops - tomahawk steak style
Post by: JEBIV on May 26, 2023, 10:36:29 AM
awesome plate of food !!
Title: Re: Frenched pork chops - tomahawk steak style
Post by: SixZeroFour on May 26, 2023, 04:02:41 PM
killin' it!