Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: JEBIV on May 08, 2023, 02:45:47 PM

Title: Rare?
Post by: JEBIV on May 08, 2023, 02:45:47 PM
@jebivswife wanted her filet mignon Pittsburgh Rare, so I built a pretty hot fire using large hickory chunks and briquettes. Pretty fricking hot. She was pleased, which, of course, makes me happy(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230508/20292063af193bd4f3479547611f3098.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230508/d57f1555cca8d1570100532cdfa98aad.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230508/85b4f61c78bc490c47fa665a94c42522.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230508/64789aebb58ed0c5041c77815f6d8ef6.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230508/1008e6af716904cd1c9bbeb1c360c253.jpg)

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: Big Dawg on May 08, 2023, 02:53:07 PM
Well Done ! ! !

(and I mean that in the most positive sense)





BD
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 04:57:29 AM
Gorgeous plate of food right there!  Grate pictures, glad you were both happy - I would be with that plate.
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: JEBIV on May 09, 2023, 08:02:16 AM
Quote from: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 04:57:29 AM
Gorgeous plate of food right there!  Grate pictures, glad you were both happy - I would be with that plate.
I'm still learning the camera on my new phone, it's way better than the operator for sure
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 08:10:39 AM
Quote from: JEBIV on May 09, 2023, 08:02:16 AM
Quote from: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 04:57:29 AM
Gorgeous plate of food right there!  Grate pictures, glad you were both happy - I would be with that plate.
I'm still learning the camera on my new phone, it's way better than the operator for sure
I still use and iPhone 7+ lol.... I think they're now on version 14 which blows my mind.  I'll have to update sooner or later for 5G, just putting it off as long as possible. 
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: JEBIV on May 09, 2023, 11:11:07 AM
Quote from: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 08:10:39 AM
Quote from: JEBIV on May 09, 2023, 08:02:16 AM
Quote from: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 04:57:29 AM
Gorgeous plate of food right there!  Grate pictures, glad you were both happy - I would be with that plate.
I'm still learning the camera on my new phone, it's way better than the operator for sure
I still use and iPhone 7+ lol.... I think they're now on version 14 which blows my mind.  I'll have to update sooner or later for 5G, just putting it off as long as possible.
I'm the same way with phones, I'm not a tech fiend, i think my old phone was 6 years old ?
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: ASpitzer on May 09, 2023, 12:10:01 PM
I'm probably worse than either of you with phones. I just traded in my Motorola Razer phone last October. Only because the system wasn't going to support it any longer. I miss it with every call.
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: bamakettles on May 09, 2023, 01:28:44 PM
Quote from: ASpitzer on May 09, 2023, 12:10:01 PM
I'm probably worse than either of you with phones. I just traded in my Motorola Razer phone last October. Only because the system wasn't going to support it any longer. I miss it with every call.
Yep, you win for sure @ASpitzer

Wow, haven't thought about my Razr in a long time.  I still have it in a drawer I think - silver flip phone about the size of a thick credit card when folded as I recall.  Might have to dig it out tonight.
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: ASpitzer on May 09, 2023, 01:47:30 PM
Yep, that's it. I had a silver one as well. About 1/2 inch thick when folded.
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: SixZeroFour on May 09, 2023, 06:06:41 PM
Steak looks perfectly cooked! Beauty steak knives too
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: AZ2FL on May 10, 2023, 05:14:41 AM
You nailed it!

Cheers
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: emptypeas on May 27, 2023, 09:58:29 AM
Sexy meat! Oh and the Weber steak knife...😎
Title: Re: Rare?
Post by: Gringo on June 14, 2023, 07:24:28 AM
That steak looks spot on!!! I'll stay out of the tech / phone discussions (y'all wouldn't want my rant about technology, phones and networks, even though I'm right in the middle of it)!  Great photos !!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)