Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: SixZeroFour on April 28, 2023, 08:23:23 PM

Title: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: SixZeroFour on April 28, 2023, 08:23:23 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to share tonight's cook... yes I was cheating but at least it's still a Weber ;) :D

We love Indian cuisine at home so this was a quick and easy test run of some Butter Chicken using some store bought sauce/quick and easy rice. My goal is to start making it all from scratch as I just love the unique spices and flavors. My wife has some co-workers that make absolutely incredible BC so we're trying to get a legit "home made" recipe for the next go round.

Until then, here's a few quick shots of the cook:

(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/bc001.jpg)

(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/bc002.jpg)

(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/bc003.jpg)

Shout out to @Cellar2ful for the Persian Lime Curry Rub - it was delicious!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Matt

Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: bamakettles on April 29, 2023, 05:05:53 AM
Looks absolutely delicious!  Thanks for sharing....


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: JEBIV on April 29, 2023, 05:45:18 AM
Butter chicken  is an awesome dish. We like Indian food here as well. Luckily, we have a market close by that we can get any ingredients needed from around the world. Even @Mr.CPHo and his wife come down from Asheville to shop here

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: Cellar2ful on April 29, 2023, 10:20:19 AM

Your pictures are mouth watering.  Glad you liked the rub Matt.
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: michaelmilitello on April 29, 2023, 01:59:33 PM
Looks awesome!  I've made it homemade with cast iron on a kettle.   Fun stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: Easy on April 29, 2023, 04:22:10 PM
That looks incredible I hVe never this but that will change soon as this really looks fantastic to eat thanks for posting, and please share your recipe once you get it.
Thank you.
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: Old1812 on May 12, 2023, 07:48:39 PM
Looks delicious! Our household loves Indian food. There's that distinct, sweet yet savory Indian Food spice/taste that I haven't been able to replicate. I've had little luck with the jars and mixes from chain grocery stores. If anyone else in the group is a fan of the Trader Joe's Chicken Tikka Masala frozen meal, then they'll probably know of the taste I'm talking about. I would feel a little weird asking the question at the local Indian deli, especially since it's so hard to describe "that Indian food taste" when it's a culinary culture that is known for having hundreds of spices and styles.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: SixZeroFour on May 13, 2023, 10:23:28 AM
Cheers! And I totally hear you on the jars although this one is the best ive had to date off the shelf. It came from Walmart up here in Canada.

The richness of flavor of the real deal is still significantly better and I'm trying desperatly to learn how to do it! I think part of the key is the heavy cream and fresh spices as you noted. Hoping to give a from scratch recipe a try soon and will post my results.
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: BronzeAgeBBQ on May 16, 2023, 08:45:04 AM
WOW!  This looks amazing!  Need to try this recipe!  Thanks for the post!
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: Old1812 on May 25, 2023, 06:17:31 PM

Quote from: SixZeroFour on May 13, 2023, 10:23:28 AM
Cheers! And I totally hear you on the jars although this one is the best ive had to date off the shelf. It came from Walmart up here in Canada.

The richness of flavor of the real deal is still significantly better and I'm trying desperatly to learn how to do it! I think part of the key is the heavy cream and fresh spices as you noted. Hoping to give a from scratch recipe a try soon and will post my results.

Let me know how your experimenting goes. I'm very interested!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Butter Chicken on the SmokeFire
Post by: SixZeroFour on May 26, 2023, 04:04:36 PM
Still on the to-do list but will definitely share some photos when it happens!