Happy Friday all
I had some fun with a super easy cook on the 75/76' Statesman last night. It was the first day in over a week that we had some solid sunshine so I had to take advantage and got a bit lucky with some cool shadows.
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK001.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK002.jpg)
The beef short ribs were marinated in the Original Maui sauce for a few hours while the pineapple was assembled just a few min before hitting the grill. I drizzled the rings with the smokey bacon maple syrup and then a sprinkle of the brown sugar.
You want to keep an eye on these over direct heat as the window for a perfect char isn't huge and with this much sugar it has the potential to burn quickly. They were only over the heat for a min or two each side and they came out just perfect for our tastes. The ribs also get a flash over direct to crisp them up a bit before serving.
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK003.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK004.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK005.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK006.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK007.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK008.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK009.jpg)
(https://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/SRK010.jpg)
Have a great weekend!
Matt
Very nice! Is that a CI or steel slab the short ribs were on?
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
I see it's a grill mat. Pretty cool
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Awesome cook, awesome pictures! Congrats on a grate cook. Pretty kettle there too.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
The ribs and pineapple look delicious.
The shadow pics are awesome, I love those.
And that grill - just wow.
Salivating over the pics! Looks really delicious, Matt! Weber Grill Academy master chef worthy!!
Thank you! I don't think I qualify as master chef but i'll take junior apprentice lol ;)
Quote from: RRRanger99 on April 01, 2023, 07:46:51 AM
Salivating over the pics! Looks really delicious, Matt! Weber Grill Academy master chef worthy!!
Nicely done ! ! !
BD