Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: bamakettles on March 29, 2023, 03:33:41 PM

Title: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: bamakettles on March 29, 2023, 03:33:41 PM
Have done many in the past, usually put leftovers in the freezer for a year.  Not this time, decided to slice, grill and eat.  Was wonderful with au jus salad and cauliflower tots.  I highly recommend.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: HoosierKettle on March 30, 2023, 05:19:51 AM
I like everything going on here.  I haven't heard of cauliflower tots but we will have to make those soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: FlashHokie on March 30, 2023, 05:21:58 AM
Great idea and looks delicious!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: OkieGirl on March 30, 2023, 06:29:40 AM
Those look great!
I did pretty much the same with our Christmas prime rib roast - smoked the whole thing then cut into individual steaks and seared on the gasser.  We liked them a lot.
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: JEBIV on March 30, 2023, 11:18:16 AM
love the idea
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: Big Dawg on March 30, 2023, 11:36:46 AM
What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?





BD
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: bamakettles on March 30, 2023, 11:50:50 AM
Thanks all, was tasty for sure.....

Quote from: Big Dawg on March 30, 2023, 11:36:46 AM
What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?





BD
Leftover prime rib - being just two of us this weekend there was some and I was glad!  Actually the grilled leftover version rivaled the original.  I think next time these go on sale I'll just carve ribeyes....
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: JEBIV on March 30, 2023, 12:23:34 PM
Quote from: bamakettles on March 30, 2023, 11:50:50 AM
Thanks all, was tasty for sure.....

Quote from: Big Dawg on March 30, 2023, 11:36:46 AM
What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?





BD
Leftover prime rib - being just two of us this weekend there was some and I was glad!  Actually the grilled leftover version rivaled the original.  I think next time these go on sale I'll just carve ribeyes....
I don't know, I think this is a better reverse sear option, stays juicier and a much more fun cook LOL, vac seal what you dont sear for the next cook
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: bamakettles on March 30, 2023, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: JEBIV on March 30, 2023, 12:23:34 PM
Quote from: bamakettles on March 30, 2023, 11:50:50 AM
Thanks all, was tasty for sure.....

Quote from: Big Dawg on March 30, 2023, 11:36:46 AM
What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?





BD
Leftover prime rib - being just two of us this weekend there was some and I was glad!  Actually the grilled leftover version rivaled the original.  I think next time these go on sale I'll just carve ribeyes....
I don't know, I think this is a better reverse sear option, stays juicier and a much more fun cook LOL, vac seal what you dont sear for the next cook
I want to try sous vide with a ribeye which I've never done.  We started with filet mignon which is probably my favorite and have been really happy doing chuck eye steaks that way.  Sous vide to 130F and sear the hell out of them over blistering hot jealous devil lump flipping every 45 to 60 seconds or so.  SO good and still medium rare inside if I get thick ones....
Title: Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
Post by: Big Dawg on March 30, 2023, 02:16:41 PM
Quote from: bamakettles on March 30, 2023, 11:50:50 AM
Thanks all, was tasty for sure.....

Quote from: Big Dawg on March 30, 2023, 11:36:46 AM
What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?





BD
Leftover prime rib - being just two of us this weekend there was some and I was glad!  Actually the grilled leftover version rivaled the original.  I think next time these go on sale I'll just carve ribeyes....

;{)





BD