Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: BobWeber on October 26, 2022, 05:04:33 PM

Title: Lodge Cast Iron Grill Basket
Post by: BobWeber on October 26, 2022, 05:04:33 PM
Has anyone tried the Lodge cast iron grill basket?  It looks like a 12" frying pan, but with holes in the bottom and no long handle.  I'm looking for something to use with veggies.  Apologies if there are strings on this already--didn't find them.  Thanks. 
Title: Lodge Cast Iron Grill Basket
Post by: HoosierKettle on October 27, 2022, 05:25:50 AM
I haven't but I'm a big fan of cast iron. I currently use a stainless slotted grill basket but I don't use it much because everything sticks and it's hard to keep clean. This cast iron version would probably be better if well seasoned. It would be fun to try out.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Lodge Cast Iron Grill Basket
Post by: dazzo on October 27, 2022, 06:44:27 AM
Agreed

I love cast iron, but it seems like a lot of work for vegetables 

My wife had given me a Weber grill basket - closed on one side, slotted on the other (can be flipped) - and it works really well for that type of grilling
Title: Re: Lodge Cast Iron Grill Basket
Post by: bbqking01 on October 27, 2022, 09:37:24 AM



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Lodge Cast Iron Grill Basket
Post by: TXFlyGuy on October 28, 2022, 07:22:07 PM
Make sure the veggies you cook are well oiled. We have no problem with sticking issues in our grill baskets.
Cast iron is not really needed for this.