Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: bamakettles on September 18, 2022, 11:07:04 AM

Title: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: bamakettles on September 18, 2022, 11:07:04 AM
Local fresh bratwurst poached in Octoberfest with onion, salt, pepper and caraway seeds.  Added a little chicken broth at the halfway point.  Sauerkraut added with a little more caraway, covered and simmered for another 30 mins.  Popped them over the coals to brown and then ready.  Toasted keto buns and peppers from the garden as well.  Beaux enjoyed seeing a hot air balloon that went right over us!


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: JEBIV on September 20, 2022, 03:10:29 AM
That's some damn fine looking brats !!
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: Chesapeake Weber on February 09, 2023, 04:35:05 PM
Bama, I'm looking to mimic this cook on Sunday.  I'm not accustomed to using caraway seeds.  Bout how much per can/bottle of beer?  Don't want to overpower the brats and kraut.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: bamakettles on February 09, 2023, 04:44:48 PM

Quote from: Chesapeake Weber on February 09, 2023, 04:35:05 PM
Bama, I'm looking to mimic this cook on Sunday.  I'm not accustomed to using caraway seeds.  Bout how much per can/bottle of beer?  Don't want to overpower the brats and kraut.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Oh wow, cool to see this pop up on the feed.... I love the flavor of caraway.  I use one beer and maybe 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds.  I've estimated most times and it's never been overpowering or too much.  Have fun!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: Chesapeake Weber on February 09, 2023, 04:59:32 PM



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: Chesapeake Weber on February 09, 2023, 05:00:43 PM
I'll do my best to get some pics of the occasion. Plan to have a few grills going for the game and company! 


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: bamakettles on February 09, 2023, 05:36:35 PM
Have fun !  Sounds like your guests are in for a treat..


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: MacEggs on March 01, 2023, 06:08:17 AM
Some of the ingredients may be a little different,
but, this is my preferred and go-to method for beer brats.
Nicely done!
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: HoosierKettle on March 01, 2023, 06:14:33 AM
I need to stay off here until after lunch. This is making me hungry. Looks and sounds really good.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: Chesapeake Weber on March 01, 2023, 08:12:09 AM
Reminds me I forgot to add a cook pick from the beer brats on SB Sunday (the outcome still stings).  Caraway seeds, onions, sauerkraut, some green peppers, Heineken, butter, and about 20 brats.  Good food for sure and hard to mess up!  Definitely liked the caraway seeds in it.  Unfortunately, between the cold rain and kickoff, the did not get grilled as I'd planned, but delicious nonetheless.



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Best Beer Brats Yet
Post by: bamakettles on March 10, 2023, 06:22:21 AM
Quote from: Chesapeake Weber on March 01, 2023, 08:12:09 AM
Reminds me I forgot to add a cook pick from the beer brats on SB Sunday (the outcome still stings).  Caraway seeds, onions, sauerkraut, some green peppers, Heineken, butter, and about 20 brats.  Good food for sure and hard to mess up!  Definitely liked the caraway seeds in it.  Unfortunately, between the cold rain and kickoff, the did not get grilled as I'd planned, but delicious nonetheless.



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Missed this post somehow.... yours look awesome!  Nice job....