Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: William_I on August 29, 2020, 10:31:56 AM

Title: Best grill
Post by: William_I on August 29, 2020, 10:31:56 AM
Hey guys,

Does anyone have suggestions for a small grill for camping?
Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: ReanimatedRobot on August 29, 2020, 10:37:20 AM
I think most here will recommend a Go Anywhere or an 18 kettle with a midget mod. 

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: JEBIV on August 29, 2020, 10:37:36 AM
I really like the charcoal go anywhere

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: Foster Dahlet on August 29, 2020, 12:19:37 PM
The Charcoal Go Anywhere reigns supreme.  Very portable/packable and very functional.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: Kneab on August 29, 2020, 12:24:22 PM
In our previous camper we used a 22" but it had to go in before closing up camper and could not come out until after setting up.
This time around we are using an 18" and just added the Hunsaker 18" griddle.
We pack it in a 20" double walled FedEx box that has been cut down 4 inches and it still fits through the side door of the popup when it is closed up.
Small enough to pack and big enough for our camping cooks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: Filibuster on August 29, 2020, 01:33:13 PM
   Jumbo Joe with portable table

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: michaelmilitello on August 29, 2020, 06:01:23 PM
+1 on the jumbo joe. 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: TexasOnion on August 31, 2020, 06:34:26 PM
I carry a jumbo Joe in my motorcycle trailer , I made a riser out of roof flashing that I roll-up on a cheap chimney,it works kinda like a smokey mountain 18
Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: DrewZ on September 01, 2020, 03:59:53 AM
Go. Anywhere.
Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: Walchit on September 01, 2020, 05:37:33 AM
I have 2 jumbo Joe's, with charcoal baskets that I take camping. Plenty of room to cook, but I think CGA would pack better. I ha e a rooftop carrier and can fit most of the  camping supplies up there, and then chimney, charcoal, jjs, cooler and what ever else I can stuff in the trunk
Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: TexasOnion on September 01, 2020, 06:35:41 AM
Here's a pic

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Best grill
Post by: powermatt99 on September 01, 2020, 07:47:57 PM
I have a Charcoal Go Anywhere that lives in my pop-up camper. Granted, my general distaste for people means I am rarely camping with more than just my wife and myself. For just us, it is perfect. I'd guess that 75% of our camping meals include the CGA in some capacity. I also have a few contraptions that allow me to cook over live fire. When the firewood selection is good, I will cook right over the fire.

I have a 22" midget which is pretty convenient. It's probably better suited for tailgating or the beach, though. Perhaps if I tolerated people more, we'd do some group camping and I'd have an excuse to bring it. I did take my WSM 18" camping once. That was fun but maybe not the best allocation of resources.