Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Bluesman on June 14, 2013, 11:07:21 AM

Title: My CL Score
Post by: Bluesman on June 14, 2013, 11:07:21 AM
Just picked up a brand new in the box WGA. Date code on it is E for 1983. It was missing the two side handles. One of the member her makes them but on his order form I have to order one each twice. Anybody know how I can get in touch with him and order 2 on one payment? Oh and I paid $25 :)
(http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/fullertone/WGA/100_1746.jpg)
(http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/fullertone/WGA/100_1747.jpg)
(http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/fullertone/WGA/100_1748.jpg)
(http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/fullertone/WGA/100_1749.jpg)
(http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg354/fullertone/WGA/100_1750.jpg)
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: G$ on June 14, 2013, 11:14:52 AM
Send zavod44  a PM.  I am sure Brian will be along shortly.
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: Bluesman on June 14, 2013, 12:14:03 PM
WOW 29 views and one comment on where to get the handles. So.....................Maybe a brand new 1983 WGA isn't such a find in the Weber Kettle Club community......Eh. Well I'm new to the game so I guess I'll use it a a small fire pit.....................
Title: My CL Score
Post by: Chasing_smoke on June 14, 2013, 12:22:34 PM
It's a very cool find! I usually see the gas ones for $50 mostly. Given the year and price that's a great deal!


"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: dazzo on June 14, 2013, 12:28:21 PM

Hi Bluesman, that is a nice score on the pair.

As far as responses? There really is only one right answer...

"Send zavod44  a PM"

Title: My CL Score
Post by: Idahawk on June 14, 2013, 12:29:03 PM
It's awesome I was rocking out to Sammy Hagar in 1983 a JR in high school lol
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: glrasmussen on June 14, 2013, 12:35:38 PM
Nice score! I have a P, but it is a looker. Almost was tempted on NIB here last weekend, but didn't jump on it.
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: 1911Ron on June 14, 2013, 12:41:16 PM
Nice score! 8)
Title: My CL Score
Post by: Chasing_smoke on June 14, 2013, 02:07:55 PM
Depending on the month it was made, I could have been kicking it Malibu style in the womb or dreaming of round kettles puffing smoke out of the vents. I need to get an 83 now to be part of my obsession, I mean collection yeah collection...... Although we never had a weber growing up we had propane and over cooked food..


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: Harbormaster on June 14, 2013, 02:32:19 PM
Like I said at the other home, great score!

It is odd that you can't order those handles in quantity. I need to order some too, and would like to do it in one fell swoop.
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: Bman on June 14, 2013, 02:48:15 PM
30 years old and still in the box.  Pretty impressive on many levels.

As for the handles - ---

QuoteSend me a PM or email me direct at

executor70@aol.com

Brian
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: HankB on June 14, 2013, 04:47:50 PM
Nice score! Someone has a brand new one listed near here for $45. OTOH, I bought one at a garage sale in pristine condition and with wood handles for $5. I'm trading it to Brian for wood handles. ;) (I offered it in trade before I tried it out and realized how useful it is. Another member is bringing me one at the meetup tomorrow so I'll have one that I plan to keep! ;D )
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: Bob BQ on June 14, 2013, 04:51:16 PM
Congrats! She's a beauty! I picked up an "A" GA about 6 months ago off of CL.  Not new in box quality, but in very, very good condition... didn't look like it'd been used too much.  I don't have too much of a collection right now; all of mine are definitely in the "cooker" rotation - no lookers here (yet!)...
Title: Re: My CL Score
Post by: Bob BQ on June 14, 2013, 04:52:42 PM
Just noticed the "As Seen On TV" on the box.... would love to see that commercial/infomercial!