Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: michaelmilitello on January 20, 2019, 04:08:23 PM

Title: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: michaelmilitello on January 20, 2019, 04:08:23 PM
It will be below zero in Indiana tonight.   That makes me wonder, what is your coldest cook ever?   I can recall cooking at 0  F a few years back. 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: SMOKE FREAK on January 20, 2019, 04:43:17 PM
Yep! Can't let a little cold stop us from cooking...
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: Shoestringshop on January 20, 2019, 04:56:59 PM
Minus 2 degrees December 2016. I just grilled some shrimp for a get together, but cold just the same.


Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: greenweb on January 21, 2019, 02:51:50 AM
-17 C yesterday cook was cold but the coldest would have to be at my parents place about a year ago at -25 C with  windchill factor of -35.

At this moment, -24C with extreme cold warning in effect.
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: HoosierKettle on January 21, 2019, 06:18:16 AM
It's drummy Monday here at the shop in 9 degree




Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: LiquidOcelot on January 21, 2019, 06:19:30 AM
My coldest cook is probably 50 something degrees. Lol im in CA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: hawgheaven on January 21, 2019, 06:35:19 AM
Coldest cook ever? My ex wife.

Butt...

I've cooked in snow storms, hail storms, rain storms. Always wore a coat and hat. Never really checked the outside temp... always checked the chamber/meat temps. My motto, if you can build a fire, you can cook.
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: JEBIV on January 21, 2019, 08:10:11 AM
Quote from: hawgheaven on January 21, 2019, 06:35:19 AM
Coldest cook ever? My ex wife.

Butt...

I've cooked in snow storms, hail storms, rain storms. Always wore a coat and hat. Never really checked the outside temp... always checked the chamber/meat temps. My motto, if you can build a fire, you can cook.
mine too!!!
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: jimz on January 21, 2019, 08:52:46 AM
Did chicken breasts (flattened and seasoned) alongside some brats on the charcoal grill last night. I think that's the coldest cook I've done.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: Shoestringshop on January 30, 2019, 08:54:52 AM
-21 and wind chill -48 soup today
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: crizpynutz on January 30, 2019, 11:33:22 AM
Quote from: hawgheaven on January 21, 2019, 06:35:19 AM
Coldest cook ever? My ex wife.

Butt...

I've cooked in snow storms, hail storms, rain storms. Always wore a coat and hat. Never really checked the outside temp... always checked the chamber/meat temps. My motto, if you can build a fire, you can cook.

OMG I nearly spit my coffee out all over my monitor!  Awesome.
Title: Re: What’s your coldest cook ever?
Post by: Darko on January 30, 2019, 02:38:43 PM
Quote from: JEBIV on January 21, 2019, 08:10:11 AM
Quote from: hawgheaven on January 21, 2019, 06:35:19 AM
Coldest cook ever? My ex wife.

Butt...

I've cooked in snow storms, hail storms, rain storms. Always wore a coat and hat. Never really checked the outside temp... always checked the chamber/meat temps. My motto, if you can build a fire, you can cook.
mine too!!!
Great! Now I wanna divorce my wife & cold cook her butt! I hope it's tasty!!!!