Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain => Topic started by: greenweb on October 21, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

Title: Never used DU code 18" WSM pick up.
Post by: greenweb on October 21, 2018, 05:20:55 PM
Picked this baby up today for the price of a CB door.  :)  I am liking the smaller size and how smaller vents, door and midsection fit better than my 22" WSM.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/10/21/rsz_20181021_193705.jpg)

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/10/21/20181021_195634-2.jpg)

Inverted mid section on my Outrider 18".
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2018/10/21/rsz_120181021_194629.jpg)
Title: Re: Never used DU code 18" WSM pick up.
Post by: greenweb on October 21, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
I noticed no heat shield on 18".  Why have one on 22" but not on 18"?
Title: Never used DU code 18" WSM pick up.
Post by: Bob BQ on October 21, 2018, 08:13:22 PM
Quote from: greenweb on October 21, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
I noticed no heat shield on 18".  Why have one on 22" but not on 18"?

The heat shield was not introduced until 2008.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Never used DU code 18" WSM pick up.
Post by: greenweb on October 22, 2018, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: Bob BQ on October 21, 2018, 08:13:22 PM
Quote from: greenweb on October 21, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
I noticed no heat shield on 18".  Why have one on 22" but not on 18"?

The heat shield was not introduced until 2008.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)

Thanks Bob!  I was not aware of that.  One more thing that is bothering me. These come with SS grates? They look SS but the magnet test can not really confirm as I have aftermarket SS cooking grate that sticks to magnet.