Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain => Topic started by: mtneer on June 09, 2018, 05:39:29 PM

Title: My first score
Post by: mtneer on June 09, 2018, 05:39:29 PM
I just picked up my first Weber. I got this 22 WSM of let go, new in box for $150. I've been borrowing a friend's kettle for a couple weeks and have smoked a butt and a pork loin and felt I wanted a smoker instead of a kettle since I still have a gas grill. I plan to smoke some mac and cheese tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: My first score
Post by: randy on June 10, 2018, 05:25:30 AM
Nice score


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: My first score
Post by: Mike in Roseville on June 10, 2018, 06:45:47 AM
You're going to love that! Congratulations!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: My first score
Post by: sodaking27 on June 10, 2018, 09:43:37 AM
Congrats. Nice score.
Title: Re: My first score
Post by: qrczak1 on June 10, 2018, 11:53:24 AM
Perfect score!
Title: Re: My first score
Post by: mtneer on June 10, 2018, 01:10:47 PM
Thanks guys, super excited

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: My first score
Post by: davegibson on June 10, 2018, 04:19:14 PM
Nice!! And don't forget to post the Mac and cheese.You know, for science.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: My first score
Post by: mtneer on June 10, 2018, 05:34:32 PM
Finished the mac and cheese, had to delay the cook due to heavy rain in the middle of the day here. I put on 2 chunks of apple wood, should have only used one chunk as it had lots of smoke flavor (I could only find smoked Gouda so that made it smokier as well).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: My first score
Post by: Firemunkee on June 11, 2018, 05:16:33 PM
What a steal!!! Looks delicious too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)