Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: indy82z on April 26, 2018, 01:10:24 PM

Title: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: indy82z on April 26, 2018, 01:10:24 PM
I have not really been looking for kettles at all as I have absolutely no space to put anymore. Last night however, I found myself with some rare downtime and figured I would check the local boards for kettles for sale. I clicked on one that was advertised as a 22" and immediately realized that this was no 22 but priced like most regular black 22 kettles. I emailed the seller thinking it was most likely gone as it had been posted for 14 days before I saw it. Got a response within 15 minutes saying it was available and asking when I wanted to come see it. Sent the boy over this morning and sure enough, it was a 2009 26er!  ;D 

So, moral to story, be sure to look good at pictures..it is obvious that people sometimes don't know what they have so take a couple of extra minutes to check and you just might stumble across a great deal!
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: lksdrinker on April 26, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
Thats how I scored one of my two 26ers for a hell of a price.  Ad said 22. I saw 4 spokes in the triangle and jumped on it.  I've learned to not bother questioning sellers for confirmation on these things.  I lost out on a Sam Adams kettle once.  Saw and ad on letgo for a "black weber" but recognized the number on the box as being a blue Sam Adams.  Rather than just agreeing to buy it I stupidly asked the seller if it might not be black and if it might have a logo on it.  Got back a real nasty response....something to the effect of "WTF is wrong with you moron.....if it was a blue sam adams grill I would've said that".  She would not respond after that and about 2 days later found the exact same grill on ebay in the same neck of the woods as the original seller.  I got it in the end, but should have paid much less for that one. 
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on April 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM
Quote from: lksdrinker on April 26, 2018, 01:40:42 PM... I got it in the end, but should have paid much less for that one.

That's when you contact the original seller again to let her know:

1) you bought her grill anyway
2) and gave even more money to the seller who was not an asshat

Karma can work both ways!
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: PotsieWeber on April 27, 2018, 04:41:47 AM
I always figure, don't educate. They may have another grill to sell.
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on April 27, 2018, 06:34:58 AM
Hal, I may have a mean streak but yer a cynical bastige!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ry3ot67O0
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: Transit98 on April 27, 2018, 12:42:50 PM

Quote from: addicted-to-smoke on April 27, 2018, 06:34:58 AM
Hal, I may have a mean streak but yer a cynical bastige!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ry3ot67O0
Is that a pic from the movie Johnnie Dangerously? If so thank you, made me smile big!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: varekai on April 27, 2018, 09:32:08 PM
I still use the phrase "Fargin corksucking iceholes"...LOL
Title: Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
Post by: addicted-to-smoke on April 28, 2018, 07:34:27 AM
Quote from: varekai on April 27, 2018, 09:32:08 PM
I still use the phrase "Fargin corksucking iceholes"...LOL

Lil: Get this to Johnny on the grapevine. Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tomorrow night. Got it?
Polly: Got it.
Polly: Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater, pass it on.
Prisoner: Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on.
Prisoner: Vermin is going to kill Johnny's mother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on.
Prisoner: Vermin's mother is going to kill Johnny tonight at the Savoy theater, pass it on.
Prisoner: There's a message an the grapevine, Johnny.
Johnny: "Yeah? What is it?
Prisoner: Johnny and the Mothers are playin' Stompin' at the Savoy in Vermont tonight.
Johnny: Vermin's going to kill my brother at the Savoy theater tonight!
Prisoner: I didn't say that.
Johnny: No, but I know this grapevine.