Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain => Topic started by: swamprb on April 07, 2018, 09:43:06 PM

Title: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: swamprb on April 07, 2018, 09:43:06 PM
I picked up a roached out SSP and gutted the grill and shortened the top frame 2", replaced the bottom tubes with 1x1 steel tubes and all thread rod and reinforced most joints with angle and plate brackets and painted with Black Hammerite spray.

Reversed the table so the handle is on the end and replaced the charcoal bin with 6" Deep full size stainless steel steam table pan.

Inaugural cook with a Hunsaker Smokers Vortex Firebasket and the Gateway Rib Hanger.

Chicken halves, Split Babyback ribs and a Boneless Beef Short Rib.
Hot n' Fast is how I roll! 375 with One Touch vent at 50% for the chicken
325 at 25% for The Ribs.

I'll be adding a Guru port soon.

Enjoy!



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: swamprb on April 07, 2018, 09:51:22 PM
Props to @Jules V. for the storage compartment inspiration and @Bob BQ for the WSM.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: swamprb on April 07, 2018, 09:52:44 PM
Mobility


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: northernQ on April 08, 2018, 06:16:54 AM
I have to be honest. This post was really disappointing......no open invitation for dinner included!

PS nice work on the SSP


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: Heyjude on April 08, 2018, 07:23:45 AM
Nice work as usual..
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: Mike in Roseville on April 08, 2018, 07:46:39 AM
That is really cool! Great Job, Brian!
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: Bob BQ on April 08, 2018, 06:35:25 PM
Booyah! Looks great, Brian!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: GoAnywhereJeep on April 12, 2018, 08:41:31 AM
That's awesome. I pieced one together as well and like the gas assist.

https://i.imgur.com/PBoVH74.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/PBoVH74.jpg)
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: swamprb on April 14, 2018, 12:29:01 PM
Quote from: GoAnywhereJeep on April 12, 2018, 08:41:31 AM
That's awesome. I pieced one together as well and like the gas assist.

https://i.imgur.com/PBoVH74.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/PBoVH74.jpg)

@GoAnywhereJeep Your WSM Performer looks like it was made to go with your Summit - Very nice!

For years I had my Cajun Bandit Kettle conversion that I painted red to match my SSP T&G but it has the propane igniter on it and the Happy Cooker internal ash pan doesn't fit in it. That grill I want to keep all original.
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: GoAnywhereJeep on April 14, 2018, 01:03:19 PM
Quote from: swamprb on April 14, 2018, 12:29:01 PM
Quote from: GoAnywhereJeep on April 12, 2018, 08:41:31 AM
That's awesome. I pieced one together as well and like the gas assist.

https://i.imgur.com/PBoVH74.jpg (https://i.imgur.com/PBoVH74.jpg)

@GoAnywhereJeep Your WSM Performer looks like it was made to go with your Summit - Very nice!

For years I had my Cajun Bandit Kettle conversion that I painted red to match my SSP T&G but it has the propane igniter on it and the Happy Cooker internal ash pan doesn't fit in it. That grill I want to keep all original.

Thanks. The gas start on the Performer makes it even better. Makes it easy to start and run them in parallel.
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: Big Dawg on April 15, 2018, 11:59:43 AM
Nice lookin' Cook Shack, too ! ! !





BD
Title: Re: 22”WSM Performer
Post by: inkaddictedchef1 on April 17, 2018, 06:42:07 PM
Sick!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)