My son turned 13 today, and what better to feed 9 of his friends staying tonight than pizza on the grill!
Made a variety of pies for the boys after some time playing basketball at our community center.
Got a good hour of use out of a chimney of lit Royal Oak lump over a half chimney of unlit. Used the weber pizza stone on my 22.5 OTG.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171231/86916cdddae0ed6bd4d32e995fa8c9d0.jpg)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[attachment deleted by admin]
Wow that looks fantastic. Nice work. What part of Indiana are you?
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Plainfield, IN. Cheers fellow Hoosier!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great looking pies
@michaelmilitello Hello there
Quick question (I have never made pizza on a Weber)
Did you place the coals right under the stone? or were these piled to the side?
Pies look great so would like some guidance
I have a 22.5" Weber Performer
PS. I do not have a pizza stone, but have seen them in Walmart. Do you recommend using one?
What I did get its a pizza tray (metal) that is perforated. I thought this tray would replace the stone
Thank you in advance for your attention
Quote from: MauroBBQ on March 14, 2018, 01:58:57 PM
@michaelmilitello
Hello there
Quick question (I have never made pizza on a Weber)
Did you place the coals right under the stone? or were these piled to the side?
Pies look great so would like some guidance
I have a 22.5" Weber Performer
PS. I do not have a pizza stone, but have seen them in Walmart. Do you recommend using one?
What I did get its a pizza tray (metal) that is perforated. I thought this tray would replace the stone
Thank you in advance for your attention
I use three Weber char baskets. Two on one end at angles and one on the other. I don't put any coal underneath the stone but a bit won't hurt. I use a half a chimney of unlit and a chimney of lit lump charcoal. I use the Weber GBS grate and stone. Let the grill heat up with the stone 20-30 minutes before use.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@michaelmilitello
Just wanted to let you know I just bought a Weber GBS grate and stone...
So pizza in the near future :)
Question with one full chimney is enough to cook 3 pizzas?
I have read that you have to leave the top open somewhat so there is more airflow not just vents
What is your experience?
Thank you in advance for your support
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Quote from: MauroBBQ on March 27, 2018, 07:12:52 AM
@michaelmilitello
Just wanted to let you know I just bought a Weber GBS grate and stone...
So pizza in the near future :)
Question with one full chimney is enough to cook 3 pizzas?
I have read that you have to leave the top open somewhat so there is more airflow not just vents
What is your experience?
Thank you in advance for your support
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
I use a chimney of lit with some unlit in the baskets. Make sure you let the stone heat up for 30 minutes before cooking. I made six thin crust Pizzas in succession @ roughly 8 minutes per pie. You can get you temps up higher by leaving the lid slightly ajar. I use a metal skewer. My advice is keep it simple, find what gives good results, and stick with it ..... then experiment one variable at a time.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@michaelmilitello
Gracias!!!!
Will let you know the outcome:)
Saludos from Juarez Mexico
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)