I've had many opportunities missed getting one even at Can. $250 or even $300 for really nice new style 18". Then, kind of given up on getting one as I can do just about any slow cook on my 22",26er, and even on my stacker kettle.
Last night, I saw an ad. for a new style 22" WSM for $125 Can. I responded but unfortunately not fast enough as someone was already on it to pick up this morning. Plus someone before me waiting to take first guys place if the deal felt thru.
Anyway, I get a response this morning to come and get it as the buyer can not make it. and the second person can not be reached. Wow! my lucky Thanksgiving holiday. It takes me few min. as the sellers place is only walking distance from me.
It needs some cleaning but a really nice newer style 22" WSM with a cover, 2 charcoal chimney, and some charcoals. Can't beat that for $120 Can. as she nor I had a change for $20. ( I owed her $125) She said $120 was ok.
I am excited to see if what this 22"WSM can do better than my other kettles.
that is a grate deal i am also selectively looking for one just not to hard, since I love doing low and slow on my 26er
Congrats!
That is an excellent deal. Truth be told, I love cooking low and slow on my WSM's more than my kettles.
Have fun!
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Here she is. Seems to be well used unit,but all the grates, water pan, and charcoal ring seems to be in great condition including the exterior finish. Just needs good cleaning.
(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/10/09/IMG_4899.jpg)
That sucker will clean up like new!
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Nice! Great score man. Looking forward to seeing some cooks and thoughts.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet deal
Sent from my SM-G955W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)
Great deal!
I sometimes like buying things slow & LOW
Holy crap, isn't $120 CAD like $10 bux US?
Cooking on a WSM puts a smile on your face, but the deal you got might make that smile permanent. 😁
You'll enjoy that smoker! Let me know if you have any questions - I've had my 22 in. WSM since 2015 and I've started to get a better understanding how these big boys work. One hint I can think of right off the top - don't use the garden hose to refill the water pan during long cooks! It doesn't work well....
Thanks Gents! I got my computer issue just resolved. Big Thanks to Troy for helping out. I am able to get into the forum from my home PC now.
Quote from: LightningBoldtz on October 10, 2017, 04:15:15 AM
Holy crap, isn't $120 CAD like $10 bux US?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Pretty much!
Most of time, when I am buying from US..... it seems like my Cad. $ is worth only half of USD.
Believe it or not, back in 70's, Cad $ was worth more than USD $.
Quote from: Lightning on October 13, 2017, 09:36:44 AM
You'll enjoy that smoker! Let me know if you have any questions - I've had my 22 in. WSM since 2015 and I've started to get a better understanding how these big boys work. One hint I can think of right off the top - don't use the garden hose to refill the water pan during long cooks! It doesn't work well....
;D ;D ;D I don't think I will do that but never know. I have done worst things before.
Thanks! I will let you know if I have any questions with this bad boy in the future.
Nice score!
Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Ya done guuuud!!! (BBQ Pit Boys Reference). I really like my WSM 18. It took a few cooks to get her dialed. I use the TipTopTemp and My Maverick for temp control and monitoring. Seems to work out fine for my use. My last cook on my WSM was a 12 lb Pork Butt. Minion method and she ran almost 12 hours on a load of Stubbs. Wrapped the butt at 10 and pulled it at the 12 hour mark. It was simply amazing.
Grate score and best of luck!!
Jeff
Congratulations greenweb, that's a great pickup. I love my WSM. Hope you have a big family to feed