Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 02:19:33 PM

Title: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yachtsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 02:19:33 PM
I've been vacationing in CO for the past 2 weeks exploring this beautiful state with my family and missed out on the freebie lime that was in the local CL back home. Today was our last day in Denver before flying back home on Tuesday so I was bored and decided to scan through the local CL & FB marketplace to see if there were any interesting. I opened up FB and to my surprise was an ad for a yellow 18.5" Weber. The best part was that the kettle was only 10min from where I was. I msg the seller via FB and didn't hear back until 30min later. I thought for sure the kettle was long gone, but to my surprise it was still available. However, the seller said she wouldn't be available until Wednesday which complicates matter because I fly back on Tuesday. A few msgs later and she agreed to let me pick it up this afternoon.  Seller is originally from Chicago but moved out here a few years ago and this kettle was bought here in CO. It has been an awesome vacation in CO and this kettle score is icing on the cake. Even better knowing that this Yatchsman is from '73 or '74.  July 17, 1974 happens to be my birthdate so this kettle will make a nice birthday gift to myself.  Anyhow, here are some pictures of CO and the kettle before I pack her up for the journey home to WI.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/d081baa51028c49ee078d43659f9dda8.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/d480708bc73209694597e58fcbd90f7c.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/e54d71b0c174ac0d9976fa030ee175b2.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/bd195cab867d83c4aebe798839890204.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/ce3ad8648a7b41d595e1fb3701e488c3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/86aee7521a6af7cea7f5c62c44b556f8.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/aa3b4a80fcbea80c02f7fc665e4b9430.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/c48880e6f096fd99dab05352edbb17fb.jpg)


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Mr.CPHo on July 10, 2017, 02:23:22 PM
That's so excellent in every way.  Happy birthday. 


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on July 10, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
@crumbsnatcher -  I'M PISSED!!!!  LMAO!!!!  Not really, but kind of.  I messaged the seller within a few minutes of getting an alert on facebook marketplace.   She responded about 10 minutes later saying it was already sold.  I'm glad someone from the WKC got it.  And I'm glad you are just here for vacation!!!!  Congrats!

@Troy - This was the one.  LOL
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: mhiszem on July 10, 2017, 02:49:14 PM
Another excellent yellow. Will look great cleaned up!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: MINIgrillin on July 10, 2017, 02:52:49 PM
Where in colorado? I'm in golden right now. A few more hours till Santana!

Those pics are gorgeous. Where is that?
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 02:56:48 PM

Quote from: MikeRocksTheRed on July 10, 2017, 02:49:11 PM
@crumbsnatcher -  I'M PISSED!!!!  LMAO!!!!  Not really, but kind of.  I messaged the seller within a few minutes of getting an alert on facebook marketplace.   She responded about 10 minutes later saying it was already sold.  I'm glad someone from the WKC got it.  And I'm glad you are just here for vacation!!!!  Congrats!

@Troy - This was the one.  LOL

Mike....I couldn't resist on this one even though I knew there were WKC members in Denver. I had to try.  I thought for sure it was gone after not hearing from the seller in over 30min. In fact, I missed out on a really nice free Genesis EP-330 for my uncle yesterday too. She's going to a good home. I'm sorry I swiped this one from under you guys.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

Quote from: MINIgrillin on July 10, 2017, 02:52:49 PM
Where in colorado? I'm in golden right now. A few more hours till Santana!

Those pics are gorgeous. Where is that?

The first picture is Maroon Bells in Aspen, the second picture is Hanging Lake just outside of Glenwood and the remaining pictures are of the 18.5" yellow yatchsman that is sitting in a box in my trunk at the moment.  :)


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Scott Zee on July 10, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
sweet lemon...that'll clean up really nice. Get'r hot and make her blush
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: MINIgrillin on July 10, 2017, 03:11:24 PM
Badass! Thanks. We are headed that direction tomorrow.
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Troy on July 10, 2017, 03:24:51 PM
Nice score!  Glad it's in the club!

Mike,  you'll get your yellow.  Kettle karma is real

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Darko on July 10, 2017, 03:42:12 PM
Wow! Congrats. I'm liking the 18's more each day. Their proportions just look so nice!
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: kettlebb on July 10, 2017, 03:44:05 PM
Agree @Darko. Looking for more 18's in red and of course yellow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 03:54:47 PM
Quote from: MINIgrillin on July 10, 2017, 03:11:24 PM
Badass! Thanks. We are headed that direction tomorrow.

@MINIgrillin BTW, there's good trout fishing at Maroon Bells Lake.

You gotta do the Glenwood Canyon drive if you are in the area.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/769a5ea7723fb5987f9d2f8d9df7ea6a.jpg)

Here's a shot from 14k feet up at Pike's Peak. There's also good trout fishing in the 3 reservoirs up there too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/bc410b6f579ae1d57296887a706e05c0.jpg)

And here's a view from high up in Rocky Mountain National Park. I hope you and your family enjoy CO as much as we did.  Beautiful state.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170710/9259fcf9acb3564750e8eaeeaee46497.jpg)


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Darko on July 10, 2017, 04:05:29 PM
Nice fuckin' watch!!!!
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Darko on July 10, 2017, 04:06:05 PM
OOPS! Sorry! Language!!!!!!
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Darko on July 10, 2017, 04:07:08 PM
The Scenery is very nice too!
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 04:10:01 PM

Quote from: Darko on July 10, 2017, 04:05:29 PM
Nice fuckin' watch!!!!

Thanks!  It's the Omega "First Omega in Space" Speedmaster that pays homage to the original Omega Speedmaster that was first worn in space by astronaut Wally Schirra in 1962.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: cwmfour on July 10, 2017, 04:37:32 PM
great score and awesome watch
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Darko on July 10, 2017, 04:45:56 PM
I like it!!!!
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: mhiszem on July 10, 2017, 05:19:38 PM
Love the watch as well. I have family in Colorado Springs and I have yet to visit. Need to make it out that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Rub on July 10, 2017, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: Darko on July 10, 2017, 04:06:05 PM
OOPS! Sorry! Language!!!!!!
Lmao, I mean Lmbo  ::)


Great score for sure and beautiful pics. Wins all around.
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: RottiGuy on July 10, 2017, 05:36:55 PM
Very nice pic's,,kettle is also...congrats!
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: pbe gummi bear on July 10, 2017, 08:14:09 PM
@crumbsnatcher congrats on the score to cap off your vacation! Must be nice to take a pacman home as a souvenir. I must admit I was super excited by your Speedmaster as I just got mine a few weeks ago. My grandpa was an Omega guy since the 50's but I'm still a noob about them. I was trying to pin down the alpha hands, older case style, and luminova markers and it's cool to learn yours is the "First Omega in Space" reference.  Here's mine and how I spent this past weekend.  8)


(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/07/10/omegaapollo.jpg)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Bob BQ on July 10, 2017, 08:20:34 PM
@crumbsnatcher   - A yachtsman is my current grail... congrats! I'm a July '74 kid, too... happy birth month! What a grate present!!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 08:47:53 PM

Quote from: pbe gummi bear on July 10, 2017, 08:14:09 PM
@crumbsnatcher congrats on the score to cap off your vacation! Must be nice to take a pacman home as a souvenir. I must admit I was super excited by your Speedmaster as I just got mine a few weeks ago. My grandpa was an Omega guy since the 50's but I'm still a noob about them. I was trying to pin down the alpha hands, older case style, and luminova markers and it's cool to learn yours is the "First Omega in Space" reference.  Here's mine and how I spent this past weekend.  8)


(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/07/10/omegaapollo.jpg)

@pbe gummi bear I like your watch very much as well. Did you see the limited edition "Speedy Tuesday" Speedmaster with the panda dial?  I missed out on that online pre-order. Anyhow, I had a hard time deciding between the Professional model like yours and my FOIS. In the end it all came down to the smaller 39.7mm case, straight lugs, and no crown guards on the chrono pushers.  I have a 6.75" wrist so the 39.7mm case looks better. If you like the broad arrow hands, check out the 60th anniversary Speedmaster that is being release this year.  It is pretty much a re-release of the original 38mm 1957 Omega Reference CK2915-1  Speedmaster.  I really like that 60th anniversary Speedmaster too.  BTW, I bought my FOIS from Toppers Jewelers in the Bay Area. They are a top notch Omega authorized dealer in case you are looking for a trust worthy dealer for your next purchase. 

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170711/4ed353882287aef661d63ec41792d1a1.jpg)


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: crumbsnatcher on July 10, 2017, 08:54:21 PM

Quote from: Bob BQ on July 10, 2017, 08:20:34 PM
@crumbsnatcher   - A yachtsman is my current grail... congrats! I'm a July '74 kid, too... happy birth month! What a grate present!!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)

Happy birthday to you as well @Bob BQ!  I hope you score that Yatchsman soon as well!  They are definitely out there. I was just extremely lucky today.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: pbe gummi bear on July 10, 2017, 10:57:04 PM
Thanks, Crumb! I've seen ads for the Speedy Tuesday "Panda" but didn't dig that deep into them. I just looked at them again just now and WOW! on that lume. We have the same size wrists and this 42mm watch is the largest I would go. I'm still wondering if I should order the half-link to get the fit dialed in. I was wavering back and forth between a "classic" moonwatch or the ones with the display back. In the end, I went with an older 3572.50.00 Hesalite sandwich with the plastic Hesalite front crystal and sapphire displayback. I believe it wears slightly taller than references with solid casebacks. I have not been to Topper's but I would like to go one day. Anyways, I'll stop hijacking your thread but it would be cool to connect about it more offline sometime.
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Coppertop on July 12, 2017, 10:08:42 AM
5470334 the grill had replied that you only have yhgfvvdfghxuasvsgjl





Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Vacation score - '73/'74 Yellow 18.5" Yatchsman
Post by: Raindog on July 12, 2017, 02:14:52 PM
Great way to wrap up a a vacation! Congrats!