Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 07:20:09 AM

Title: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 07:20:09 AM
Purchased this yesterday. I have been looking for an S/S for a project. In keeping the my wonderful bride happy with my passion, this will be converted to new performer bowl and lid, Green. It will be part of my cooking stable for our deck. The Green MT I recently purchased will be next to it. I have a message into
Aman to see if he is interested in the Red Bowl and Lid assy. If he does not need it, it is up for trade to
anyone that wants to convert to a two-tone Redhead. It will need a new Ash sweep assy.(Old style)

Greg
(http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj623/glrasmussen/RedPerformer_zps37bc583f.jpg)
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: MartyG on April 07, 2013, 07:25:03 AM
Oh, I'm thinking someone here will take it off your hands - right Mike Stavlund?
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: mike.stavlund on April 07, 2013, 09:57:18 AM
Yes, I'd be interested if Aman isn't.  I'm not sure what I might be able to trade (especially considering shipping costs between us), but definitely keep me in mind.  Thanks!
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: DoppelBock on April 07, 2013, 11:03:43 AM
Quote from: mike.stavlund on April 07, 2013, 09:57:18 AM
Yes, I'd be interested if Aman isn't.  I'm not sure what I might be able to trade (especially considering shipping costs between us), but definitely keep me in mind.  Thanks!

Sorry Mike, it's sitting in my garage right now and awaiting transplant surgery. I think the prognosis is good.  ;)
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 11:37:55 AM
Sorry Mike, Chad jumped at it. Sharing in all this, is also part of the fun.
The start of the project.
(http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj623/glrasmussen/85134BAE-60F5-4B35-8D05-7737F64AEB7E-4045-00000C0319F50639_zps44ad37a4.jpg)
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: mike.stavlund on April 07, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
No worries, Chad! It makes a lot more sense for you to take it, since you are so close.  Can't wait to see the transformation.  Please post plenty of pics.
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 01:59:38 PM
This start of the tandem to be my deck cookers.
Waiting for parts...

(http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj623/glrasmussen/CCD8B77E-1C42-4EBA-ACB6-014235A90118-4045-00000C06296605E7_zps7ef8c208.jpg)
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: DoppelBock on April 07, 2013, 06:33:23 PM
Three or four Dremel cut blades later and I finally got the rusted bolts off for the gas assist assembly. I also had to cut the sweep arm off since it was rusted solid to the hex nut. Fortunately I had an extra hex sweeper handy. I'll get the gas assist assembly back to you on Tuesday. Thanks again Greg, I'll post some pics by the weekend.
Title: Re: Scored a Red S/S
Post by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 07:31:03 PM
Quote from: Chad A on April 07, 2013, 06:33:23 PM
Three or four Dremel cut blades later and I finally got the rusted bolts off for the gas assist assembly. I also had to cut the sweep arm off since it was rusted solid to the hex nut. Fortunately I had an extra hex sweeper handy. I'll get the gas assist assembly back to you on Tuesday. Thanks again Greg, I'll post some pics by the weekend.

No problem Aman! It is a nice two tone. I think I need a Dremel, after what we went through...