Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Kilted_Griller on April 06, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

Title: Performer Score
Post by: Kilted_Griller on April 06, 2013, 11:35:26 AM
I started this thread last night in the Trading Post, but since it is in my backyard now, I figured I better move it here! I think my first Weber Performer turned out to be a nice score (It kind of makes up for that POS Hunters Pink kettle I got a couple of weeks ago. I haven't given up on it yet, but it is kind of a basket case).

The guy took great care of it. You were right Duke, he bought it at Ace. Came with a cover, 3 bags of lump charcoal, 2 baskets & the whole roti kit, which the XC promptly claimed as her own (thanks, Eastex. That's 2 I owe you! ;)) I'm gonna give her a once over with 0000 steel wool, and that just about should do it! I bent the bottom rail getting it out of the truck  :o, but it straightened out perfect.

She looks waaaaaaaaaay better in my yard!
(http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj210/Kilted-Surveyor/MEMO0001.jpg)

(http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj210/Kilted-Surveyor/MEMO0002.jpg)

Thanks for lookin!! Slainte
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: MartyG on April 06, 2013, 11:57:42 AM
Outstanding score! Just ordered a roti kit today from CB. My son in law has a weber ring, but won't give it up. Can't say I blame him.
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: landgraftj on April 06, 2013, 12:07:42 PM
Awesome grill, you'll love it! I have the exact same grill and roti...
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Hogsy on April 06, 2013, 12:21:08 PM
Your right it does look better in your yard
Looks all pimped up with that roti ring too
Ahh... The Performer, The Rolls Royce of the Kettle Fleet
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: 1911Ron on April 06, 2013, 01:24:50 PM
Nice score!
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Eastex on April 06, 2013, 05:59:22 PM
I've got that same Performer in Black. It's on loan to my work where I pull it out and cook some burgers every so often. They are the most useful, usable grills Webers ever made IMHO. The gas assist and that big side table just make them so practical. The rotisserie though, that's just fun :) When you see how much fun the XC is having with "her" new toy you'll be getting one soon.
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Bman on April 06, 2013, 06:06:15 PM
Well hawt daymn!  Glad to see ya got er.  They're pretty easy to take apart if you wanna give it a good cleaning.
Here's the thread on mine - http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-performer-clean-up/
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 06:38:13 AM
Great score! Your stable is growing two fold lately!
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: jacoblee on April 07, 2013, 09:45:15 AM
Nice

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: mike.stavlund on April 07, 2013, 09:59:52 AM
The roti is a big hit at my house.  It really is a game changer, bringing some nice variety to the otherwise usual list of grill treats.  Last week it was a whole bone-in turkey breast, which was amazingly moist.

Congrats on that whole kit, Kilt!
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Kilted_Griller on April 07, 2013, 10:19:27 AM
Thanks for all the kudos fellas! Bman thanks for the link to the clean up. I think the XC and I are going to give it a full once over next weekend!
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Mark Schnell on April 07, 2013, 10:24:09 AM
Awesome score!! I know this is going to make me look as dumb as I feel asking it, but what does XC stand for? I know it's your daughter but am not familiar with that one.   ???
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Kilted_Griller on April 07, 2013, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: Mark Schnell on April 07, 2013, 10:24:09 AM
Awesome score!! I know this is going to make me look as dumb as I feel asking it, but what does XC stand for? I know it's your daughter but am not familiar with that one.   ???

No worries. XC means Executive Chef. My lovely bride gave her the title after I had shoulder surgery and she took over the cooking duties for me. She actually wants to be a professional chef.
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: Mark Schnell on April 07, 2013, 12:42:51 PM
That's very cool. My eight year old daughter was playing in the back yard the other day when I was getting ready to light the Kingsford. I asked her if she wanted to help me grill. She said, "I don't know how to grill." I said, "Well we can fix that." I hope she'll take me up on that sometime. If not, I still have my two year old son. Guys and fire, shouldn't be too hard to get him on board in the future.  :D
Title: Re: Performer Score
Post by: fedex on April 07, 2013, 01:12:17 PM
Is that the one from San Diego?  Love that color.  Congrats.