Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: MartyG on April 05, 2013, 04:42:13 PM

Title: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: MartyG on April 05, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Stopped in at C&B today in Chicago, and they had the "new" performer. Black (not that there's anything wrong with that) and the cheesy steel "table" on the side. They must be trying to hit a <$200 price point. Then again, they had a $1000 Hasty Bake grill that really looked kind of OK. I had never checked one out close up. I'd never pay a grand, but it was kind of cool. C'mon Weber, get the 'cado green performer back in there!
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Jeff on April 05, 2013, 05:05:10 PM
They've been discontinued Marty...along with the Smokey Joe in grass green. Only 2 left in the US, and they are both floor models on the east coast...one of which is damaged. 

Those Performers with the shorty tables are ugly and overpriced.  They can go the way of the new Platinum in my opinion.
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: zavod44 on April 05, 2013, 05:43:25 PM
I'd take a new platinum in a second over that little side table....
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Hogsy on April 05, 2013, 05:52:26 PM
Anyone got any pics of the new performer?
I haven't seem it yet
Title: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Eastex on April 05, 2013, 06:17:54 PM
I keep meaning to get by the C&B in Dallas and see if they've got a Hasty Bake on display. I just can't choke down that much for a grill but I sure would like to find a good used one, they're kind of like Webers in that they really haven't changed much.
   Oh yeah, that new short table sucks, looks cheap, feels cheap, is cheap. I guess I won't be getting a Christmas card now.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Bman on April 05, 2013, 06:33:25 PM
Quote from: Hogsy on April 05, 2013, 05:52:26 PM
Anyone got any pics of the new performer?

This thing?

(http://i.c-b.co/is/image/Crate/WeberPrfrmrGrllSlvrAV1S13/&$web_zoom$&wid=558&hei=558/1211261114/weber-silver-performer-grill-in-charcoal.jpg)
.
(http://i.c-b.co/is/image/Crate/WeberPrfrmrGrllSlvrS13/&$web_zoom$&wid=558&hei=558/1211261114/weber-silver-performer-grill-in-charcoal.jpg)
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: MartyG on April 05, 2013, 06:39:47 PM
Yup. That's the one. Just doesn't have the classic Weber look and feel. And the bracket holding the kettle to the stand is much cheaper too. Looks like it could break off after a couple years. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of curb alerts on this model in the near future.
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Jeff on April 05, 2013, 06:40:26 PM

This thing?

Nice use of words Bman!
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Hogsy on April 05, 2013, 07:27:41 PM
Oh dear.....where's the gas assist???
How is that a performer? Looks more like a cut down version of a platinum
Title: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Bbqmiller on April 05, 2013, 07:40:40 PM
This isn't good.
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Bman on April 05, 2013, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Hogsy on April 05, 2013, 07:27:41 PM
Oh dear.....where's the gas assist???
How is that a performer? Looks more like a cut down version of a platinum

The Performers now come in 3 levels - Silver, Gold, Platinum

The Performer Silver is the thing I posted pics of above.
The Performer Gold is the full size performer minus the gas assist
The Performer Platinum is the Performer you know with the gas assist
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: etruax on April 05, 2013, 08:36:40 PM
Never thought about looking for a C&B but I will make it to the "Outlet Center" soon, like maybe tomorrow. 
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: Jeff on April 06, 2013, 03:19:11 AM
You won't find the green one Etruax   :(   Only maybe one of those "things"
Title: Re: Crate & Barrel Performer Downgrade
Post by: etruax on April 06, 2013, 07:34:25 AM
I can dream can't I?