Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: MartyG on April 05, 2013, 08:35:46 AM

Title: My 1996 26.75
Post by: MartyG on April 05, 2013, 08:35:46 AM
Getting started with the clean-up, still have the ash pan and grates to work on. The lid and bowl were spotless to begin with, so not much elbow grease required there. Added three Hawaiian KOA wood handles from Brian to this beast, and they are right at home. My first cook better include Pineapple! More to come, and outdoor pics when I get it home to PA.

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8522/8621442447_fcd9d6072e.jpg)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8403/8621441965_b6ef5eb2e4.jpg)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8125/8622546406_cd22a12ab3.jpg)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/8621443467_3d7a14dcf9.jpg)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8621444411_c671dbc471.jpg)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8622544232_4863b8b17a.jpg)
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8527/8622545560_7fa2e2c69e.jpg)
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: Eastex on April 05, 2013, 10:05:43 AM
I love those flat tops! Did anyone ever nail down the year range on those?
Title: My 1996 26.75
Post by: Bbqmiller on April 05, 2013, 12:26:12 PM
Looking good - I like those handles. I ordered some from Brian for the ranch kettle that I just recently cleaned up.
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: Duke on April 05, 2013, 12:35:53 PM
That is one sweet 26'r Marty and those handles look awesome! 8)
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: zavod44 on April 05, 2013, 05:46:05 PM
Quote from: Bbqmiller on April 05, 2013, 12:26:12 PM
Looking good - I like those handles. I ordered some from Brian for the ranch kettle that I just recently cleaned up.


They are going in the mail tomorrow.....
Title: My 1996 26.75
Post by: Bbqmiller on April 05, 2013, 07:15:18 PM
Quote from: zavod44 on April 05, 2013, 05:46:05 PM
Quote from: Bbqmiller on April 05, 2013, 12:26:12 PM
Looking good - I like those handles. I ordered some from Brian for the ranch kettle that I just recently cleaned up.


They are going in the mail tomorrow.....

Thanks Brian - no rush. I am planning on firing up the beast this weekend to cook something. The old handles will do just fine until I get the new ones.
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: Doug S. on April 07, 2013, 06:10:48 AM
Quote from: zavod44 on April 05, 2013, 05:46:05 PM
Quote from: Bbqmiller on April 05, 2013, 12:26:12 PM
Looking good - I like those handles. I ordered some from Brian for the ranch kettle that I just recently cleaned up.


They are going in the mail tomorrow.....

New to the site so could be a dumb question but do you make those handles ?? If so I'm interested in a "few" sets  8)
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: MartyG on April 07, 2013, 06:23:37 AM
Welcome to the madness Doug. Here's a link on the front page where you can find out more about Brian's handles - nobody does it better!

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-handles/
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: MartyG on April 07, 2013, 06:26:35 AM
Got the vent cleaned up. Simichrome is the best!

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8543/8628162966_fe264211ac.jpg)
Title: My 1996 26.75
Post by: Craig on April 07, 2013, 06:29:17 AM
Quote from: MartyG on April 07, 2013, 06:26:35 AM
Got the vent cleaned up. Simichrome is the best!

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8543/8628162966_fe264211ac.jpg)

I've gotta go pick up some of that Simichrome and go on a serial vent polishing spree. Looks fantastic!
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: glrasmussen on April 07, 2013, 06:41:36 AM
That looks awesome Marty! Get that thing seasoned up. I too, need to fine some of the Simi.
Title: Re: My 1996 26.75
Post by: MartyG on April 07, 2013, 06:49:31 AM
I got it on ebay. Seller name is basl007  $6.85 + $2.00 shipping. The guy is in Illiinois, and it was delivered in one day! I bought two, so I should be good for the next hundred kettles!
(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8256/8628252254_68e60b6f37.jpg)