Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Troy on November 24, 2016, 10:57:40 AM

Title: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: Troy on November 24, 2016, 10:57:40 AM
This is a crazy hot deal yo!!
I upgraded from the previous version this summer and i'm VERY happy I did. The auto-rotate and backlight is wonderful.

(http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2016/11/24/m4-bfdeal.jpg) (http://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4?tw=WEBERKETTLE)
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: pbe gummi bear on November 24, 2016, 11:14:13 AM
If you are on the fence about buying this, this is basically the price of a refurb unit. I love mine and can't recommend it enough.
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: kettlebb on November 24, 2016, 11:35:20 AM
Am I ok with one or do I need 2 of them? I'm currently using a slow regular meat thermometer.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: pbe gummi bear on November 24, 2016, 11:41:02 AM
Quote from: kettlebb on November 24, 2016, 11:35:20 AM
Am I ok with one or do I need 2 of them? I'm currently using a slow regular meat thermometer.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)

I don't see a reason why you would need 2 unless you are in catering situations with multiple cooks working simultaneously or you want to keep one in 2 separate locations.
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: kettlebb on November 24, 2016, 11:43:28 AM
Cool thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: Travis on November 24, 2016, 11:47:22 AM
Dear Mrs. Grillfella, you've been asking what I'd like for Christmas... Here you go!
Thanks for the heads up, guys.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: zak on November 24, 2016, 12:02:11 PM
Nice! I dropped a couple hints to the wife lol

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: RottiGuy on November 24, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
Was thinking this or the smoke?...Not sure which to get...Will be doing more chicken and roasts and turkeys. Maybe grab this now at a great price.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: Troy on November 24, 2016, 03:09:23 PM
Quote from: RottiGuy on November 24, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
Was thinking this or the smoke?...Not sure which to get...Will be doing more chicken and roasts and turkeys. Maybe grab this now at a great price.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)
I wouldn't want to live without either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: RottiGuy on November 24, 2016, 03:12:35 PM
Ok will pick this up, grab the smoke in the spring. ..

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: charred on November 24, 2016, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: RottiGuy on November 24, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
Was thinking this or the smoke?...Not sure which to get...Will be doing more chicken and roasts and turkeys. Maybe grab this now at a great price.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

If the difference between 2-3 seconds read time and 3-4 seconds read time is acceptable, buy a Thermopop ($29) instead and you're halfway to a Smoke.  8)
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: RottiGuy on November 24, 2016, 04:47:25 PM
Thermopop just ordered, thanx for the help....

Sent from my SM-T700 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91018)

Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: 70monte on November 24, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
I have a classic thermapen that I've had for a few years.  Is it worth it to upgrade to the MK4?
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: pbe gummi bear on November 24, 2016, 09:23:53 PM
Quote from: 70monte on November 24, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
I have a classic thermapen that I've had for a few years.  Is it worth it to upgrade to the MK4?

Imo yes. The mkiv backlight is awesome. The rotating display is also really useful when probing the meat in various positions. Fiinally, it uses a cheap, regular size batter vs the coin cell battery. You can sell the old one for $50-60 to help pay for the upgrade.
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: 70monte on November 25, 2016, 11:03:15 AM
Thanks for the reply.  I've never changed the battery in the classic pen so I wasn't aware that it took a coin cell battery.  I may have to grab one of the new ones.

Wayne
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: 70monte on November 25, 2016, 11:30:19 AM
Well, I couldn't resist and ordered the mk4 as well as the silicone protective boot and the vinyl case. 

Wayne
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: Ken Mc on November 26, 2016, 05:36:50 PM
pulled the trigger on 2 of these. I already have one, but the wife wants one and my oldest kettle head will get one for Christmas.
Title: Re: Thermapen Black Friday Sale - $79 (lowest price ever)
Post by: Ken Mc on November 26, 2016, 05:47:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up Troy!!!