Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: jperry1907 on March 30, 2013, 05:01:18 PM

Title: Redhead clean up
Post by: jperry1907 on March 30, 2013, 05:01:18 PM
I bought this '98 two tone redhead about a month ago. Finally had a sunny day to clean her up.
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/6403DB4C-F7FA-4024-BB9A-B58A60C62EEB-697-000000AC4561B3D0_zpsf945e9ac.jpg)

The inside of the kettle is a little grimy
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/9AEE0D75-35CD-486C-B936-071225B47F48-697-000000AC419F1112_zps2fb2852f.jpg)

Scrubbed her down with some 0000 steel wool
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/50378E8E-9B5C-4E29-84A4-B7F2C9080256-697-000000AC3BC585D9_zps028884d3.jpg)
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/23C9D72A-65D9-40DB-9F59-621770260913-697-000000AC3E95C591_zpsda0d65d2.jpg)

Inside bowl
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/B1550050-5304-4C42-B1E3-0E68310888AE-697-000000AC35C74DB5_zps6da554b3.jpg)

Inside lid
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/72E30541-F128-4433-995B-AD841CAEA4C8-697-000000AC320959E0_zps93714b92.jpg)

I could have put a little more effort into the ash pan but she's going to get used tonight
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/C4FC9B6B-50B0-4D1D-8236-FD42700011EE-697-000000AC387DE795_zps5f558f46.jpg)

Sitting next to her brother
(http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o749/jperry1907/4BBEA09F-0690-47FF-A506-D2F6E37FF19D-697-000000AC26BC531A_zpsba4fc970.jpg)

There's a T-bone going on tonight for her first workout, thanks for looking!!!
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: HankB on March 30, 2013, 05:21:01 PM
Nice work. I like the two-tone reds.
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: harris92 on March 30, 2013, 05:21:11 PM
It cleaned up really nice.  Great Job!
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: zavod44 on March 30, 2013, 05:22:47 PM
Very nice....that redhead cleaned up really nice....
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: jacoblee on March 30, 2013, 06:13:28 PM
Sweet looking redhead

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: Ken Mc on March 30, 2013, 06:52:39 PM
nice job on the red...not a bad green either...wanna get rid of the green????....hey, worth a shot...I don't have green.............or yellow, or cado..or......lol....
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: Bman on March 30, 2013, 07:37:19 PM
There's nothing like cleaning up a new-to-you grill and seeing it shine like that.  Great job!
You're just a yellow away from the stoplight collection.  :D
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: glrasmussen on March 30, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
Great job on the clean up! Looks great! This is a Daisy wheel "EZ", Did they make both versions in that era Daisy and OTS? I am getting confused lately...
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: 1911Ron on March 31, 2013, 01:24:07 PM
Quote from: glrasmussen on March 30, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
Great job on the clean up! Looks great! This is a Daisy wheel "EZ", Did they make both versions in that era Daisy and OTS? I am getting confused lately...
Brother you ain't the only one ;D  *sigh* i can't make up my mind whether i like Redheads Or Blue's better (yes i have both, as a matter of fact blue's outnumber red's 2 to 1 right now, gonna have to fix that ;D)
Title: Redhead clean up
Post by: Bbqmiller on March 31, 2013, 01:57:27 PM
Looks good - 0000 steel wool can really make these shine. I just did the same with a RK.
Title: Redhead clean up
Post by: Craig on March 31, 2013, 05:22:42 PM
Quote from: glrasmussen on March 30, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
Great job on the clean up! Looks great! This is a Daisy wheel "EZ", Did they make both versions in that era Daisy and OTS? I am getting confused lately...


Cleaned up real good! Weber offered the daisy wheel kettles in the U.S. through at least '99.
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: etruax on March 31, 2013, 06:07:56 PM
I am thinking about buffing my truck with some of that quad aught stuff.   :D
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: reillyranch on April 01, 2013, 04:01:00 AM
They sure do clean up nicely.  Thanks for the pics.
Title: Re: Redhead clean up
Post by: glrasmussen on April 01, 2013, 04:12:18 AM
Quote from: Craig on March 31, 2013, 05:22:42 PM
Quote from: glrasmussen on March 30, 2013, 07:45:17 PM
Great job on the clean up! Looks great! This is a Daisy wheel "EZ", Did they make both versions in that era Daisy and OTS? I am getting confused lately...


Cleaned up real good! Weber offered the daisy wheel kettles in the U.S. through at least '99.

Thanks Craig, so both options where available? I see this EZ has the powder coated triangle, like the EO I just purchased.
Did these triangles come on other colors? Just learning more every day here.