Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: javahog2002 on March 27, 2013, 09:19:43 PM

Title: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: javahog2002 on March 27, 2013, 09:19:43 PM
Ok I can see a weber rib rack.  What else is in the pile in the bottom of 76-77 22.5 kettle ?

(http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w478/javahog2002/ribrack_zps5ccd41cc.jpg)
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: Craig on March 27, 2013, 09:20:48 PM
Looks like a roast rack hiding in there. Also from Weber.
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: javahog2002 on March 27, 2013, 09:23:44 PM
Do you think there is two of the roast racks ?
Title: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: Craig on March 27, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Upon further review it appears to be 2 inside there. Are you picking up this kettle?
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: javahog2002 on March 27, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
Possibly.   They are asking $40.00.  It does go to a charity. One of those pickups while on travel. We will see.

I wonder if this lid is scratched on just smeared from a bad attempt at a cleanup ?

(http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w478/javahog2002/blackLid_zps099d2150.jpg)

If I can disassemble and fit it in the back seat of a ford freestyle and not have continuous metal clanking while driving 12 hours, I may pick it up.  This would be my first 22.5 that is not a SS Performer.
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: 1buckie on March 27, 2013, 10:17:26 PM


Yeah, I think it's just a grubby wipedown....the rim of the lid looks pretty good, no chips on this side & that's a bit of an indicator & the ash pan looks in good shape...the top handles varnish is gone, but the wood's not degraded....
I bet this one wasn't used all that much & was stored inside........

& rib racks, yes nab it ......
& for charity, yes nab it ......
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: pbe gummi bear on March 27, 2013, 10:48:46 PM
I also see the tool hanger for hanging things off the side of the kettle. Those racks look nice and heavy.
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: Duke on March 28, 2013, 05:31:08 AM
That's an old style rib rack. They are heavy gauge and hold several racks.
Title: Re: Rib Rack + what ?
Post by: Heyjude on March 28, 2013, 08:32:32 PM
Doesn't look bad at all!  8)