Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 10:24:10 AM

Title: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 10:24:10 AM
I wasn't sure what to grill up for my bday dinner yesterday until I remember having this meal at a restaurant a few months ago.  Found an easy recipe and got to it. 

Pork tenderloin butterflied and pounded out. I trimmed the edges so I had a perfect square of meat.  I rubbed it down with a little EVOO then some salt and pepper follows by chopped garlic, chopped baby spinach (uncooked) and sun dried tomatoes.  Next came some sliced provolone.  In hindsight I would have added more provolone or rolled the tenderloin so that the provolone didn't all end up in the center.  Rolled everything up then wrapped it in prosciutto.  Tucked the prosciutto hanging off of the ends into the roll up to keep things from oozing out, then tied it up. 

Grilled for about an hour indirect using my slow-n-sear around 350 until IT hit 160.  Next time I'll go to 145-150.  It wasn't too dry, but could have been a little less dry for sure.  IT actually went up to 167 once it was off the grill.

Here is the basic recipe I used. (http://www.food.com/recipe/stuffed-pork-tenderloin-with-spinach-prosciutto-and-provolone-386846)  I didn't measure anything so I just used the recipe as a general guide.

Cooked up three strips of bacon in my cast iron skillet on the grill.  Removed the bacon and cooked Brussel sprouts in the bacon grease on the skillet.  Once the Brussel sprouts were done they were topped with Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and crumbled bacon. 

Great meal!  I think I'll have to leave the tomatoes out next time.  I like them but my girlfriend wasn't digging them.

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/b9099015d41e795927fb97f3633960d6.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/8711e85f4c620617f80031850a152f1a.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/3dee17b99e268a7b79dbfed4a731babd.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/0d0b22ff867b21374e10f8ed8b069736.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/4df5705d38e6eec26060580c4367f508.jpg)



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: kettlebb on September 08, 2016, 10:35:22 AM
Looks great Mike! Happy belated birthday. Is that a Boos block?


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: kettlebb on September 08, 2016, 10:35:22 AM
Looks great Mike! Happy belated birthday. Is that a Boos block?


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)

Thanks!  It is not a Boos Block. It's a piece of butcher block counter top my neighbor gave me.  They had a huge piece sitting around his shop so he asked me what size cutting board I needed and cut it to order.  It fits perfectly between the wall and my oven and is just deep enough to sit in front of my knife block and come right to the edge of the counter. 

Thanks again for the cutting board Greg!

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/8b063a53edc66936c42c0ec7b66ffda2.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/6e789ff878905b0e6e1cb8f161cebc16.jpg)
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Travis on September 08, 2016, 10:42:26 AM
Oh hells yes! Great lookin spread, Mike. Try a little basil next time with your tenderloin recipe. It goes hand in hand with the sun dried tomatoes. I'm gonna try wrapping mine with that prosciutto wrap next time. Happy birthday bud!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 10:45:54 AM
Quote from: Travis on September 08, 2016, 10:42:26 AM
Oh hells yes! Great lookin spread, Mike. Try a little basil next time with your tenderloin recipe. It goes hand in hand with the sun dried tomatoes. I'm gonna try wrapping mine with that prosciutto wrap next time. Happy birthday bud!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Travis!  I'll try Basil next time.  I have a plant and should have thought of that last night!
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: SixZeroFour on September 08, 2016, 11:32:51 AM
Happy belated Mike! And the tenderloin looks bloody amazing man!
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 11:40:01 AM
@SixZeroFour - Thank you!
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: blksabbath on September 08, 2016, 02:08:36 PM
Man...that looks really friggin good.  I wonder how roasted red peppers would be in place of the sun dried tomatoes.

Happy bday btw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 03:05:18 PM
Quote from: blksabbath on September 08, 2016, 02:08:36 PM
Man...that looks really friggin good.  I wonder how roasted red peppers would be in place of the sun dried tomatoes.

Happy bday btw


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!   I think roasted red peppers might be amazing! 
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Jason on September 08, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
Great looking meal that you made there Mike, Happy Birthday!!!
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 04:21:38 PM
Quote from: Jason on September 08, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
Great looking meal that you made there Mike, Happy Birthday!!!
Thanks Jason!
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: MikeRocksTheRed on September 08, 2016, 10:24:10 AM
I wasn't sure what to grill up for my bday dinner yesterday until I remember having this meal at a restaurant a few months ago.  Found an easy recipe and got to it. 

Pork tenderloin butterflied and pounded out. I trimmed the edges so I had a perfect square of meat.  I rubbed it down with a little EVOO then some salt and pepper follows by chopped garlic, chopped baby spinach (uncooked) and sun dried tomatoes.  Next came some sliced provolone.  In hindsight I would have added more provolone or rolled the tenderloin so that the provolone didn't all end up in the center.  Rolled everything up then wrapped it in prosciutto.  Tucked the prosciutto hanging off of the ends into the roll up to keep things from oozing out, then tied it up. 

Grilled for about an hour indirect using my slow-n-sear around 350 until IT hit 160.  Next time I'll go to 145-150.  It wasn't too dry, but could have been a little less dry for sure.  IT actually went up to 167 once it was off the grill.

Here is the basic recipe I used. (http://www.food.com/recipe/stuffed-pork-tenderloin-with-spinach-prosciutto-and-provolone-386846)  I didn't measure anything so I just used the recipe as a general guide.

Cooked up three strips of bacon in my cast iron skillet on the grill.  Removed the bacon and cooked Brussel sprouts in the bacon grease on the skillet.  Once the Brussel sprouts were done they were topped with Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and crumbled bacon. 

Great meal!  I think I'll have to leave the tomatoes out next time.  I like them but my girlfriend wasn't digging them.

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/b9099015d41e795927fb97f3633960d6.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/8711e85f4c620617f80031850a152f1a.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/3dee17b99e268a7b79dbfed4a731babd.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/0d0b22ff867b21374e10f8ed8b069736.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/4df5705d38e6eec26060580c4367f508.jpg)



Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)

Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.  Where did you get that cool cutting board?
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Travis on September 08, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
Quote from: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM


Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 06:06:45 PM
Quote from: Travis on September 08, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
Quote from: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM


Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Travis on September 08, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
Quote from: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM


Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Travis on September 08, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
Quote from: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM


Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Travis on September 08, 2016, 04:50:48 PM
Quote from: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 04:40:19 PM


Is your birthday September 7th?  That's my birthday too!  Great cook as always!  I made ribs yesterday but did not take any pics.

Happy bday to too, Dave!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Travis Thank you sir!
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Davescprktl on September 08, 2016, 06:09:24 PM
Sorry about those repeats.  Had to many Dos Equis lol.
 
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Harleysmoker on September 08, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
Happy B Day! The Loin looks very good as does the Brussel Sprouts.
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Jon on September 08, 2016, 07:21:38 PM
Happy birthday! That is damn good looking meal.
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 09, 2016, 07:24:21 AM
Thanks everyone and Happy Belated Birthday @Davescprktl!  Dave -  The 1st page of the post has details about the cutting board.
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: Shoestringshop on September 09, 2016, 02:01:58 PM
Looks great :D Happy birthday buddy! 8) Hope you had fun.
Title: Re: Birthday Dinner - Stuffed and wrapped pork tenderloin
Post by: WNC on September 09, 2016, 03:30:11 PM
Happy birthday Mike!
Everything looked great, and I love the idea with the brussels