Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: Travis on September 06, 2016, 05:51:30 PM

Title: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Travis on September 06, 2016, 05:51:30 PM
Did I get your attention?

I picked up a full bone in, choice cut ribeye steaks at my local butcher shop today. I'm not celebrating anything other than we haven't had a steak for a while and if your going to have one, HAVE ONE... My butcher hand cut this beauty and frenched the bone for me.

I seasoned it with kosher salt, fresh crack black and a little chipotle chilies.I cooked this reverse sear on the red mbh tonight. Dialed her in around 280 for about an hour, all the while having her little sister cooking up some diced red potatoes, drizzled in olive oil, kosher salt, fresh crack black, Italian seasoning and fresh grated Parmesan cheese in black iron.

Once it reached the desired temp I pulled and rested the steak while another chimney was getting ready and dumped on top of the old coals to get "Red" piping hot. Then the steak returned and seared a minute a side.

Have a good night fella's!

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/b258f73ac572a56552dac9553709b986.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/47dbc63f8245b92f4f831e4574b0b3ce.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/7bfe3ca9086c587013ba7a2b07aafb9c.jpg)
I know what you're thinking, "Is she looking at my meat, or my meat?" Yeah right! She's a great sport!

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/b1eef17eda576224b99dd20de30f07da.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/f3852cae0d089c3ae7d834c6726737f4.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/7635cc3bfb598dacbd83ef99a2dba272.jpg)
Lil' red got tater duty

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/f3e44b5de52f53d66819c19331325eab.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/60db3b39284b3008557dadc7e7a66a71.jpg)
Choice of beverage tonight and of course, representing

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/1a0091090e5cf721decbb226d7e2f3d1.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/6e57ddb4e11a3acb18fca21a82dc6b31.jpg)
Pulled to rest. Nice brown color.

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/490414ca87c81535665dac50dc3fa11c.jpg)
Starting the sear. One minute per side.

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/418d7bfc6c5c5e6db8c2205f29fe29d3.jpg)
The flip

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/426520331f51822b78bca684c23a6cc4.jpg)
Now what ya'll want to see. The fade. Look at her darken over the heat side. So cool..

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/f27717ae0a1aa6e0922ab18e20b4cb2d.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/1585a3a533e0bf8cee8329e43059b4d4.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/400e8ed307f1f9dd951d95340b47ddb1.jpg)

(http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160907/ffe6c75e0e51a393eeee8ba566ed90a7.jpg)
I think this is my favorite customer of the night. She couldn't wait.

Thanks for looking fella's!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: kettlebb on September 06, 2016, 05:59:16 PM
Awesome cook Travis! Love those redheads.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Davescprktl on September 06, 2016, 07:13:25 PM
That is amazing!  Cooked perfectly!
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: haeffb on September 07, 2016, 03:01:46 AM
Very well done! Er...medium rare done, I guess. Nicely done!
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Jon on September 07, 2016, 06:13:59 AM
Her look is just..."Travis - it's so big!." Which is nice.

Good cook. Nice job.
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: MikeRocksTheRed on September 07, 2016, 09:49:02 AM
Great cook @Travis!  I don't think that steak could have been done any better!!!!
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: TheDude on September 07, 2016, 02:49:19 PM
Way to one up my ribeye from Monday.
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Maxmbob on September 07, 2016, 04:09:09 PM
Great cook Travis!

WTB Original Wood Dale legs, triangle, wheels and legs.Blue SSP,  Blue mbh, Blue Mlh.

Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: WNC on September 07, 2016, 04:51:35 PM
Incredible looking steak, and love the reds!
I think we've noticed this before, but our dogs could be twins.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Travis on September 07, 2016, 04:53:37 PM
Thanks for the replies fella's. It was fun!

Yeah, WNC, they could be. Hopefully we're getting another one from the shelter soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Shoestringshop on September 07, 2016, 05:22:47 PM
Wow! Just WOW! Great cook :)
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Travis on September 07, 2016, 05:28:51 PM
Quote from: Shoestringshop on September 07, 2016, 05:22:47 PM
Wow! Just WOW! Great cook :)
Thanks Shoestring!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: crowderjd on September 07, 2016, 07:52:49 PM
Awesome cook Travis!  Thick ribeyes are my absolute favorite.  I haven't seen the 18 inch redhead.  Beautiful grill!  Is it a recent pickup?
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Travis on September 08, 2016, 04:56:27 PM
Quote from: crowderjd on September 07, 2016, 07:52:49 PM
Awesome cook Travis!  Thick ribeyes are my absolute favorite.  I haven't seen the 18 inch redhead.  Beautiful grill!  Is it a recent pickup?
Hey thanks! I did just recently pick up the 18" from Jeff just a little while ago. It looks so good so good next to her big sister!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cowboy cut ribeye (Pic Heavy)
Post by: Harleysmoker on September 08, 2016, 06:32:42 PM
Looks great! I think i would have fought the dog over that bone