Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Michael Packard on March 26, 2013, 05:31:47 PM

Title: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: Michael Packard on March 26, 2013, 05:31:47 PM
Ok, Alton Brown sold me on the Pitmaster IQ 110 temperature control.  Got it today!  What should I cook first to break it in?  Anybody got some tips and tricks to doing awesome things with it?   

Here's my grill:
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/406390_10200836238890350_2009367561_n.jpg)
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: sparky on March 26, 2013, 05:52:34 PM
Dont know what ya should cook but let us know how it goes i think i need one for the WSM cooker for my long cooks.
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: reillyranch on March 26, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
I have a co-worker that absolutly kills a pork butt everytime with the WSM and a pitmaster.  Go for a long cook to put that thing to the test.
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: chriscw81 on March 26, 2013, 06:07:47 PM
For the price I hear it's pretty good




Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: HankB on March 26, 2013, 06:51:09 PM
Ribs, butt, brisket - something that takes long to cook. Ribs probably a good first try since they don't take so long. Then move on to butt or brisket. Back loin or baby back are easiest to fit.
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: Michael Packard on March 26, 2013, 07:10:53 PM
Haven't made a butt in forever.  I usually brine, rub, and then cook in the oven for 12 hours or more at 220 degrees.  Can't wait to smoke one... <drool> 
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: SmoothSmoke on March 26, 2013, 07:28:03 PM
Fatty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: Michael Packard on March 26, 2013, 07:34:02 PM
How rude!
I'll have you know I've lost 50 lbs this year!   ;D
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: reillyranch on March 26, 2013, 09:30:43 PM
I found 25 of the 50 you lost....
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: Duke on March 26, 2013, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: reillyranch on March 26, 2013, 09:30:43 PM
I found 25 of the 50 you lost....
The other 25's right here............   :(
Title: Re: Just got Pitmaster IQ 110 - what do I cook first?
Post by: bob hope on March 27, 2013, 09:15:55 AM
Just a tip, I find that my pitmaster cooks a little higher than the setting. I found this out by using my Maverick732.
I would go with a 8lb brisket @230 for about 12 hours also load your fuel heavy so as to avoid the reload.