Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain => Topic started by: Rondo on June 27, 2016, 04:23:01 PM

Title: 14" WSM
Post by: Rondo on June 27, 2016, 04:23:01 PM
Scored for free today with cover. Looks like it hasn't been used more than a couple times. Has a cover as well.Have to decide what the first cook will be. Have kettles but never one of these.
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: DirectDrive on June 27, 2016, 04:50:37 PM
Do a stand-up chicken with Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
When I smell one of those cooking, it reminds me of the food cart aromas wafting around the ball park.

BTW, nice score !
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: Rondo on June 27, 2016, 04:52:21 PM
Beer can chicken?
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: JDann24 on June 27, 2016, 04:52:55 PM
For free? How'd you manage that?
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: JDann24 on June 27, 2016, 04:53:12 PM
pork butt for your fist cook
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: Rondo on June 28, 2016, 04:29:57 AM
I was doing some ac work at a house. Saw it on the patio and asked how they liked it. They manage rental properties and said someone left it behind. Told me to take it with me. They would never use it. I also spotted an 18" kettle out by the fence. Asked about it also. Said he thinks it's his brothers. Would let me know if he didn't want it anymore. Bottoms rusted where the vents are. I can replace that. Needs a new grate. Hoping to get a call. That would be three free this week.
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: Tommy B on June 28, 2016, 08:06:11 AM
that's an awesome score. I have never cooked on a 14 but everyone I know who has loves it.
Title: Re: 14" WSM
Post by: Rondo on June 28, 2016, 08:15:12 AM
Thanks, I really don't think they actually cooked on it more than once or twice. It's really clean. I may have to learn how to post pics just so I can show it to you guys.