Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Old Dave on March 20, 2013, 01:52:30 AM

Title: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: Old Dave on March 20, 2013, 01:52:30 AM
Would anyone have any information on this kettle? How old?

Would need to make an offer and don't know the value.

Might be fun to restore!

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/OldDave/WSM%20Cooking/VintageWeber3.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/OldDave/WSM%20Cooking/VintageWeber1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/OldDave/WSM%20Cooking/VintageWeber2.jpg)

Thanks much,

Old Dave
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: Golly on March 20, 2013, 02:18:06 AM
As much as your willing to pay :P
Kettle been painted
To me doesn't look like original  kettle
Trolley not original condish
But that's my pissed opinion perving through one eye
It's also upside down here in oz ::)
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: 1buckie on March 20, 2013, 03:43:04 AM
 Yeah, I've always wondered about that.......
but keep forgetting to ask.....

Do the pictures (or the actual kettles, for that matter) appear upside down where you guys live, in the magical land of  OZ   ?


Sorry, nothhing to add for the original post....not counted as one of the important 7 ones, I suppose.......

It's an 18" kettle......
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: thoraudio on March 20, 2013, 04:21:45 AM
It looks similar to the cart a couple of us on here have.  We (I) originally thought it was a Seville, but nobody's been able to find one in a Weber catalog. 

Yours is slightly different than mine, with more cart area to the left of the kettle.  Is that an 18" kettle?

They can look great when redone.  Convenient and a conversation piece.

(https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-xHQT1mIrCxo/UDtp53FBILI/AAAAAAAABBM/T-bPu0W8-nM/s902/12+-+1)
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: Mark Schnell on March 20, 2013, 08:58:38 AM
I think it's the same kettle mentioned in this post: http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/vintage-weber-on-rockford-files/msg20205/#msg20205 (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/vintage-weber-on-rockford-files/msg20205/#msg20205)

Someone suggested that maybe it was produced by the wrought iron company and Weber supplied the grills.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: reillyranch on March 21, 2013, 08:02:21 PM
I have heard the set revered to as the Woodward Collection.  It had a table, chairs, lounge,and that grill cart.  I don't know if that is the name of the manufacturer or just the group or style of the funiture.  The grill should clean up nice, there is a lot of good advice here on how to do it.  Otherwise that is a rare piece, I have only seen a few around.  I bought mine a few years ago for $40, and I've seen one go for $200 on Esty.com.  That grills needs a lot of attention so I would offer low.  Good luck and post if you get it.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: zavod44 on March 22, 2013, 08:33:59 AM
I would get it....
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: Jeff on March 22, 2013, 08:38:20 AM
I would get it and dump that crappy spray painted kettle in it.  Its beat, but the cart is kinda cool.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettle with wrought iron frame ?
Post by: zavod44 on March 23, 2013, 04:49:31 PM
I agree with Jeff.  A new colored Kettle, a fresh coat of paint for the cart...and a new butcher block....I'll take it...