Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: BBQ Bob on March 18, 2013, 11:11:46 AM

Title: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: BBQ Bob on March 18, 2013, 11:11:46 AM
Hey Guys
I had three Performers and now I have two.  Check theses out!  I built the double a few weeks back.  I'm ready to party!
Bob

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/bobbyjoe60/media/Grills001_zpsc9752055.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/bobbyjoe60/media/Grills002_zpsa937c2d3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: Heyjude on March 18, 2013, 11:45:21 AM
Do they share one Brain? Nice work and welcome to the site If you stay around, we promise to feed your addiction with a lot of usefull and some uselless info!
AJ  8)
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: glrasmussen on March 18, 2013, 11:51:25 AM
That looks awesome! Nice job.
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: jacoblee on March 18, 2013, 12:07:39 PM
I am loving that setup, anything tricky you had to do to make that happen?

I am inspired!
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: Hogsy on March 18, 2013, 12:19:09 PM
That looks pretty cool
Is there any way of hooking the gas assist up to both of them?
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: BBQ Bob on March 18, 2013, 12:22:20 PM
I picked the best frame and removed the gas bottle and bracket, along with the charcoal bin.  Removed the flip up door and cross member (cut it flush with a sawsall)  Took the kettle and stainless steel 1/2 moon trim off the donor.  I cut the bottom flange off the stainless 1/2 moon and ground it down a little so it fit flat and flush, then used a couple of sheet metal screws to attach it to the frame.  Dry mounted the kettle, marked the holes and drilled and them bolted it up using the orginal bolts.  Removed the Weber logo from the donor and measured drilled and mounted it.  It took only a couple of beers!
Title: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: DoppelBock on March 18, 2013, 12:56:38 PM
Now that's the way to do a double kettle cart, awesome job Bob!
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: SmoothSmoke on March 18, 2013, 01:21:10 PM
Great work!!  Never thought of doing that myself. 
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: MartyG on March 18, 2013, 01:37:09 PM
MESA-NEGRA!
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: bryanw21157 on March 18, 2013, 01:47:18 PM
That is awesome!  Really like the double black.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: jacoblee on March 18, 2013, 02:04:12 PM
Thanks for sharing this I don't have any SS performers yet but when I do I know what to do now :)
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: Hell Fire Grill on March 18, 2013, 03:08:13 PM
Totally cool mod!
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: Kilted_Griller on March 18, 2013, 03:47:48 PM
Sweet mod, Bob. I really like the black. Nicely done.
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: 1911Ron on March 18, 2013, 04:01:42 PM
Wow nice job, i love it! 8)
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: Craig on March 18, 2013, 05:49:45 PM
Nice work!  :)
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: mike.stavlund on March 19, 2013, 07:26:54 PM
Nice!  It's like deja vu.
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: Craig on March 19, 2013, 07:31:52 PM
KETTLE FUSION.  8)
Title: Re: My Performers, three but really two.
Post by: BBQ Bob on March 20, 2013, 10:42:42 AM
I smoke on one, indirect on the other, and I still have room to throw a few burgers on.  Also it reduced my total grill count from 8 to 7, so the wife is happy too!  Little does she know that I pulled a fast one on her...lol