Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: jacoblee on March 16, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

Title: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: jacoblee on March 16, 2013, 07:05:25 PM
I went to a BBQ store to buy some grill grates for my Father-in-law as a birthday gift and they had a floor model OTP for $200 cash out the door. At 6'3" I need a taller grill so this fit the bill. I now have too many (according to my wife) so my Father-in-law is also getting a 2010 18.5 OTS along with his grill grates.
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: zavod44 on March 16, 2013, 07:42:46 PM
Nice...sounds like your happy with a sweet new grill, plus your father in law got something too....
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: Craig on March 16, 2013, 08:06:53 PM
That's awesome! I Can't wait to see some pics of it.
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: Duke on March 16, 2013, 08:13:57 PM
Okay AJ I think you have earned this avatar of yourself!

(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4342/shammock.jpg) (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/shammock.jpg/)
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: jacoblee on March 16, 2013, 08:34:47 PM
Picts will come next week my wife doesn't know that I picked it up. Its covered in an old gasser cover and has several other grills in front of it ;)

I really wanted a performer but realized this grill was only on the market for two years. So this is destined to be a Craigslist collectors item some day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: 1911Ron on March 16, 2013, 09:35:50 PM
Does the Platinum have two tables one on each side or still one table to the right of it?
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: javahog2002 on March 16, 2013, 09:43:20 PM
Quote from: jacoblee on March 16, 2013, 08:34:47 PM
Picts will come next week my wife doesn't know that I picked it up. Its covered in an old gasser cover and has several other grills in front of it ;)

Sounds familiar. My wife has not seen my new Smokey Joe Platinum. ;D

That little grill has been here for years. ;)
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: jacoblee on March 16, 2013, 09:46:52 PM
One on each side

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: jacoblee on March 16, 2013, 09:57:21 PM
(https://www.google.com/search?q=weber+master+touch&hl=en&client=chrome-mobile&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=NlpFUc3ZOtOK2QWS3oCwBg&ved=0CEkQsAQ&biw=360&bih=567#biv=i%7C35%3Bd%7CEmrVlOCUL6gJwM%3A)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: HankB on March 17, 2013, 06:24:49 AM
I know that the various colors are pretty popular here, but I find that with mostly black grills and smokers, I can slip an addition in now and then without it being noticed. It worked for a SS Performer as well as a 22.5 WSM. Of course the SJG was easy to hide so that hardly counts.  ;D
Title: Re: Picked up a Brand New One Touch Platinum today black
Post by: jacoblee on March 19, 2013, 06:29:48 PM
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/20/vave9yqa.jpg)(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/20/9y8etany.jpg)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2