I love the Pellet Pro 22" WSM conversion from Smoke Daddy & Cajun Bandit, but the thing lacked mobility, so I decided to build a cart for it. I had plans to use a Blue Performer Touch 'n Go for the cart, but once I got into it, my idea didn't pan out.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_0298.jpg)
The Performer was spared but a Weber 1000 frame was not so fortunate! Instead of using the WSM, I decided to sacrifice an "EE" Silver with daisy vents, cut a section of the bowl and bolted the pellet hopper to the kettle.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1984.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1985.jpg)
Made some cuts to the frame, added some braces to the bottom of the frame, coat of paint and start assembling.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1987.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1988.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1989.jpg)
Using the WSM center that I had converted to a rotisserie and cut a flange from a donor bowl to use a kettle lid.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1978.jpg)
The hopper assembly is bolted to braces on the wheel frame and fit inside the housing and the kettle is secure to a brace on the caster end.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1990.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1991.jpg)
Added a Cajun Bandit door, repurposed the slat tables from the 1000, a tool holder from a Genesis, and I've got something with a little versatility. It is about the same footprint as the WSM conversion, but mobile.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Weber/IMG_1993.jpg)
Still a work in progress, I'll be adding IKEA handles, some thermo probe mounts, clean up or replace the wood slats, (possibly fab a stainless steel table) and mount a heat diverter. I just hate Daylight Savings time!!
Stay Hungry!
That is simply badass. Very nice.
Thats some serious Redneck Tech right there swamprb!
With all the electronics it might even be a step away from redneck.
That's pretty boss!
Helluva an amount of ingenuity
Looks phenomenal. Love it.
That is very nice work. It will be great to use.
I have a Genesis 1 cart just laying around not earning it's keep...maybe it needs to do something other than get parts stacked on it.
So, here we go! Inaugural cook on the Pellet Poopin' Kettle Mod. Nothing fancy, Okie Dust seasoned chicken wings @275* with a kicker of smoke from a Maple Mojobrick Qube.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_1998.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_1997.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_1999.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_1341.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_1342.jpg)
Stay Hungry!
Interesting project
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@halfpint89
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cook # 2 Running out of daylight!
1.5 lb Choice Flat Iron Steak seasoned with Wicked Que 180 Brisket rub.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_2000.jpg)
225* with a Cherry Mojobrick Qube.
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_2001.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_2006.jpg)
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_2007.jpg)
Cooked to 135* internal, rested then sliced on the bias against the grain. Like butta!
(http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Ugly%20Drum%20Smoker/Smoke%20Daddy/IMG_2008.jpg)
Stay Hungry!
Beautiful cook!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great project, but a bit of bad luck that it wasn't ready for Mod Month. More importantly, the cooks look delicious!
Quote from: Santo on November 09, 2015, 04:58:33 AM
Great project, but a bit of bad luck that it wasn't ready for Mod Month. More importantly, the cooks look delicious!
Not to worry, I have more Mods up my sleeve!
Great mods super trick!