Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Camp on September 10, 2015, 01:47:05 PM

Title: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Camp on September 10, 2015, 01:47:05 PM
Amoung the antique farm equiptment, next  to the Blacksmith's shop...

(http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/campdaan/BBQstuff/IMG_5607_zpsfoxksxh6.jpg)

This year I displayed 3 of my favorite kettles at The Lancaster Fair, in Northern New Hampshire.

A few thousand people came through the Washburn Farm and History Barn, and many people commented on how old kettles sparked many great memories.

On Friday I parked Red and Yellow by the Christmas trees and smoked up some all beef dogs with a little cherry wood and gave them out to anyone wandering by.

(http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/campdaan/BBQstuff/IMG_5611_zps12krcobf.jpg)

(http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/campdaan/BBQstuff/IMG_5616_zpsn6oparxi.jpg)

Here they are relaxing on Labor Day with my restored 1958 International Harvester 330...

(http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/campdaan/BBQstuff/IMG_5657_zpsmsie93ua.jpg)

It was a great vacation.

Enjoy. More pics later.

Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: JDD on September 10, 2015, 01:50:43 PM
Cool and nice kettles.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Shoestringshop on September 10, 2015, 01:59:36 PM
 ;D looks like a good time
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: MrHoss on September 10, 2015, 02:19:13 PM
Love it. That last shot with the 3 Kettles in front of the tractor is cool.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Troy on September 10, 2015, 03:32:26 PM
That is awesome man!
Way to spread the Weber nostalgia!!

Shoot me your address, i'll get some WKC shwag sent your way!
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Craig on September 10, 2015, 03:39:59 PM
Those are some pretty sweet pics! I like that tractor too.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: pbe gummi bear on September 10, 2015, 03:42:14 PM
I love the stoplight configuration. Good job!
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Camp on September 10, 2015, 04:15:38 PM
Quote from: pbe gummi bear on September 10, 2015, 03:42:14 PM
I love the stoplight configuration. Good job!

Good catch !... I wondered if anyone would have noticed.

BTW, The unsung hero on vacation was my Blue OTS, which stayed back at the cabin.

(http://i61.tinypic.com/ofshfl.jpg)

Here's the tractor after we washed and waxed it...

Thats the pig pen on the left.

(http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/campdaan/BBQstuff/IMG_5627_zpsoahbaddl.jpg)

And behind the Blacksmith's shop.

(http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/campdaan/BBQstuff/IMG_5636_zpsntwwl31g.jpg)
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Qreps on September 10, 2015, 07:51:45 PM
Thanks for sharing the photos they remind me of my grandfather. He had farmall tractors. I really miss our farm. Learn to cook on a cinder block pit from him.
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: charred on September 10, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
Awesome! I will be passing by the fairgrounds Saturday on my way to the North Country for some R&R. I've never been to the fair but i've been wanting to go for 30+ yrs- just never made it.

Very cool display and congrats.

The blue looks like a semi MT???
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: glrasmussen on September 10, 2015, 08:18:30 PM
Just awesome, thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: 1911Ron on September 10, 2015, 09:47:08 PM
Very cool thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Winz on September 11, 2015, 03:40:57 AM

Nice pictures.  Great to see your kettles on display and generating interest at the fair.  That tractor is killer!  I have restored a couple of 8Ns and realize the work involved to get them to look as beautiful as your I.H.

Quote from: charred on September 10, 2015, 08:11:41 PM
The blue looks like a semi MT???

It is actually a One Touch Plus, the precursor to the M/T.  Read all about it here:

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/ (http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/)

Winz
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: WNC on September 12, 2015, 06:09:44 AM
Great way to spread the word, and dogs!
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Jeep on September 12, 2015, 07:09:05 AM
My wife and boys visited the fair and told me i missed the webers on display there.



Jeep
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: SixZeroFour on September 12, 2015, 03:42:29 PM
Great looking display Daan, and the tractor is just stunning! I love the last blacksmith shop shot in particular - beautiful!

Old Blue still looks great too 8)
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Camp on September 12, 2015, 06:33:30 PM
Quote from: Jeep on September 12, 2015, 07:09:05 AM
My wife and boys visited the fair and told me i missed the webers on display there.



Jeep

Hope to see you next year !
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Camp on September 12, 2015, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: SixZeroFour on September 12, 2015, 03:42:29 PM
Great looking display Daan, and the tractor is just stunning! I love the last blacksmith shop shot in particular - beautiful!

Old Blue still looks great too 8)

Old Blue is my favorite.

I'm still hoping to adopt it's red-headed sister from you someday.  ;D ;D
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: Camp on September 12, 2015, 06:42:48 PM
Quote from: Winz on September 11, 2015, 03:40:57 AM
I have restored a couple of 8Ns and realize the work involved to get them to look as beautiful as your I.H.

Winz

One of the guys has a restored 1948 8N with a Funk conversion.

The Funk conversion allows a small block 8-cylinder engine to be mounted on the tractor.

Now THAT"S a Tractor !
Title: Re: Vintage Weber Kettles on display at The Lancaster Fair
Post by: SixZeroFour on September 12, 2015, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: Camp on September 12, 2015, 06:37:11 PM
Old Blue is my favorite.

I'm still hoping to adopt it's red-headed sister from you someday.  ;D ;D

lol - $50 +ship and she's yours ;) Would be glad to see it go to a good home!