Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: crowderjd on September 02, 2015, 06:54:38 PM

Title: 18.5 WSM Ready To Go
Post by: crowderjd on September 02, 2015, 06:54:38 PM
Back in July I picked up this 18.5 WSM for $40.  But it didn't have an access door or water pan.  So last week I got a $50 gift card from Amazon and I picked up a new door and new water pan.  All in all, I'm pleased to have a 2008 WSM that looks good as new for less than $50 out of pocket :D  This weekend I'm breaking it in with ribs for friends and family on Sunday afternoon.  Pics will follow. 

Here's the before pics:

(http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/jason_crowder1/IMG_0570_zpsbpc9s43y.jpg) (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/jason_crowder1/media/IMG_0570_zpsbpc9s43y.jpg.html)

(http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/jason_crowder1/IMG_0572_zpswnyp2ofy.jpg) (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/jason_crowder1/media/IMG_0572_zpswnyp2ofy.jpg.html)

(http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/jason_crowder1/IMG_0573_zpsagdllgks.jpg) (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/jason_crowder1/media/IMG_0573_zpsagdllgks.jpg.html)

And here it is today!

(http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/jason_crowder1/FullSizeRender%201_zps5pokzfze.jpg) (http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/jason_crowder1/media/FullSizeRender%201_zps5pokzfze.jpg.html)
Title: Re: 18.5 WSM Ready To Go
Post by: pbe gummi bear on September 02, 2015, 07:04:49 PM
Looks great! You'll love it. Start with a really small amount of charcoal at first until you are confident that your unit doesn't leak.
Title: Re: 18.5 WSM Ready To Go
Post by: 1911Ron on September 02, 2015, 07:21:24 PM
Looks great! Enjoy!
Title: Re: 18.5 WSM Ready To Go
Post by: Filibuster on September 02, 2015, 09:13:04 PM
   Hey pbe gummi if crowderjd has a leaker then the only other option is to get some nomex gasket tape and apply that  to it. I'm in a similar situation as crowderjd with my 18.5" wsm but am not going  to wait to find out and ordered four rolls of lavalock nomex to put on all my grills.