Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: Stu Clary on August 31, 2015, 07:17:03 PM

Title: I got this today...
Post by: Stu Clary on August 31, 2015, 07:17:03 PM
(https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11949140_10204589553400506_5312089827028089407_n.jpg?oh=42713474557e86d9e8bffd406087de0a&oe=566B8B1D)
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: 1911Ron on August 31, 2015, 08:04:25 PM
When you use it could you give a review of it and where you got it and how much? Thanks!
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: Stu Clary on August 31, 2015, 09:58:06 PM
will do.  Planning an epic tailgate for Saturday.
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: CharliefromLI on September 01, 2015, 05:54:18 AM
They're on Amazon for approx $25. been eyeing one for a while as the thermopen is just too rich for my blood.
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: Sramsey on September 01, 2015, 11:42:33 AM
Was $18.74 last week, is that what you paid?
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: CharliefromLI on September 02, 2015, 04:49:20 AM
Quote from: Sramsey on September 01, 2015, 11:42:33 AM
Was $18.74 last week, is that what you paid?
Why is the good stuff always on sale when i am away on vatcation  :'(
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: Texmech on September 02, 2015, 07:02:26 AM
What's so good about these versus the digital temp I get at Kroger for $10?
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: weldboy on September 30, 2015, 08:49:54 AM
More accurate and should last longer then a cheapie


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: mcgolden on September 30, 2015, 09:49:08 AM
Looks cool.  If it's quick and accurate, that's a great deal.  Anxious to know.  For those who are interested in a good "low cost" therm, I've been very happy with my thermopop.  They're about $30, just slightly slower than the thermapen and seems to be very accurate.  Plus they have a backlight.  For that price, I think it's a bargain.
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: JDLones on September 30, 2015, 10:49:24 AM

Quote from: mcgolden on September 30, 2015, 09:49:08 AM
Looks cool.  If it's quick and accurate, that's a great deal.  Anxious to know.  For those who are interested in a good "low cost" therm, I've been very happy with my thermopop.  They're about $30, just slightly slower than the thermapen and seems to be very accurate.  Plus they have a backlight.  For that price, I think it's a bargain.

I agree 100%


Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: TheDude on October 06, 2015, 03:21:20 PM
@Stu Clary how you liking this thing? How fast is it?
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: Harleysmoker on October 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM
ThermoPop works good here, tested in boiling and ice water. 211* in boiling water and 32* in ice water. $29, I bought one for a relative when it was 15% off, that covered the $5 shipping.
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: Harleysmoker on October 06, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
Forgot to mention, Thermoworks are a great company like Weber and stand up for their products
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: huntergreen on October 21, 2015, 03:57:58 PM
still looking for a review.
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: apt323 on October 23, 2015, 01:28:01 PM
me too what @huntergreen said

bumb
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: irv39 on October 24, 2015, 04:23:44 AM
That's the same one I have and had it for a couple yrs. and use it all the time and it has a built in magnet so you can put on refrig.



This one is free shipping

http://lavatools.co/products/javelin?variant=1011604864
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: TheDude on October 24, 2015, 06:49:40 AM
@irv39 about how long does it take to read?
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: irv39 on October 24, 2015, 12:56:08 PM
Its very fast
Title: Re: I got this today...
Post by: firedude5015 on October 28, 2015, 08:44:50 AM
I have one, and I Love it..stable reading in maybe 6-7 seconds at longest. Seems very durable, and is spot on accurate in boiling water.