Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: TheDude on August 17, 2015, 08:10:24 PM

Title: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: TheDude on August 17, 2015, 08:10:24 PM
Seems like every drop of grease shows up on the table. Figured Dawn would do the trick, but not so much. I'm sure it's sanitized, but you can still see the spots. How do you guys clean the table, after a cook?
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: fedex on August 17, 2015, 09:40:05 PM
I use a spray bottle with 50/50 water and bleach.  Works for me.
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: SixZeroFour on August 17, 2015, 09:42:23 PM
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works as well (essentially the same thing) ;)
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: Shoestringshop on August 18, 2015, 12:58:04 AM
I use the Dollar Store "Mean Green" and it works great. I just picked up 10 bottles of it he other day.
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: MacEggs on August 18, 2015, 01:14:27 AM
Spray Nine works very well.
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: CharliefromLI on August 18, 2015, 04:06:57 AM
If its grease stains, citrus degreaser is my go to. I use greased lighting from Home Depot. Once its its all clean wipe the table down with mineral oil or baby oil. It does wonders.
Title: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: Jack Fate on August 18, 2015, 07:24:45 AM
Quote from: Shoestringshop on August 18, 2015, 12:58:04 AM
I use the Dollar Store "Mean Green" and it works great. I just picked up 10 bottles of it he other day.

Yep , stuff works well and cheap too

I just did a wipe down with 303 after cleaning
With good results ( down side is 303 $$$ & hard to find) seems to give a nice seal coat
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: TheDude on August 18, 2015, 08:52:21 AM
Thanks guys! Gonna try a combo of your ideas. Definitely using mineral oil, once it's clean.
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: TheDude on September 02, 2015, 08:21:18 AM
Update: So the mean green worked well enough to greatly fade the stains. Used it 10 or so times, letting it sit for about 10 min each time. Treated with mineral oil 5 or 6 times, and the stains are invisible. Thanks guys! One thing, is the table surface is slightly oily. Will that just soak in over the next several days, or is there another step? Thanks for your help guys! She's getting prettier and prettier.

(http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd487/sickofcichlids/75D89374-E668-42FC-A887-C8956A98CC67.jpg) (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/sickofcichlids/media/75D89374-E668-42FC-A887-C8956A98CC67.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: Erich on September 02, 2015, 08:34:15 AM
The table is plastic, I don't think oil is ever going to soak in.

I clean mine with simple green and throw the cover back on.
Title: Re: Cleaning a OTP table.
Post by: Metal Mike on September 02, 2015, 11:25:23 AM
Table looks new; I'd spot "season" the rusty welds next.
Get her really hot & rub some fat or drip some oil around the spots.
Let her cool down before clean-up...