Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 05:34:58 PM

Title: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 05:34:58 PM
(http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd487/sickofcichlids/04EED325-DE7D-41F9-A226-C7C20A7BD207.jpg) (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/sickofcichlids/media/04EED325-DE7D-41F9-A226-C7C20A7BD207.jpg.html)

Needs some cleaning up, but not in bad shape overall. Lid and table were replaced in 2001, so no idea how old the rest of the rig is. One of the lid rollers is missing. I remember a thread about wood ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting a pair?
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: jcnaz on July 26, 2015, 06:06:56 PM
You got a terrific grill there, but the club that you joined is not the Performer club. It is an even more exclusive organization!
You sir, have joined the One Touch Platinum  (first generation) Club. One of my personal favorites. 😉
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 06:35:23 PM
Can you give me a rough idea of the age?
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: LightningBoldtz on July 26, 2015, 06:40:56 PM
10 to 15 years old what is the 2 digit code on the lid vent
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: LightningBoldtz on July 26, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
http://weberkettleclub.com/determine-age-of-old-grill/
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 06:45:04 PM
Quote from: LightningBoldtz on July 26, 2015, 06:40:56 PM
10 to 15 years old what is the 2 digit code on the lid vent

The lid vent is DA, but lid and table were replaced in 2001. So that doesn't mean much, in regards to the rest of the rig.
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: 1911Ron on July 26, 2015, 07:36:49 PM
Both of mine are from 2000-2001
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 07:45:18 PM
Gonna contact the original owner, and see if he can shed some light. It was delivered to my girl while I was at work. The lower basket is in amazing shape, but all the grate weld points are a bit rusted. The bowl is clearly much older than the lid. The cooking grate is beyond repair, but I like to replace that with current hinged grates anyway.
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 08:27:52 PM
Quote from: jcnaz on July 26, 2015, 06:06:56 PM
You got a terrific grill there, but the club that you joined is not the Performer club. It is an even more exclusive organization!
You sir, have joined the One Touch Platinum  (first generation) Club. One of my personal favorites. 😉

I'm up way too late, thinking of cleaning her up and what her first cook will be. Weberitis is strong.
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: fedex on July 26, 2015, 10:08:52 PM
Quote from: jcnaz on July 26, 2015, 06:06:56 PM
You got a terrific grill there, but the club that you joined is not the Performer club. It is an even more exclusive organization!
You sir, have joined the One Touch Platinum  (first generation) Club. One of my personal favorites. 😉

+1.  My first Curb Score was a Platinum that has since been passed on to a neighbor.  Congrats on you're new Cooker.
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: MacEggs on July 27, 2015, 02:27:00 PM
Quote from: TheDude on July 26, 2015, 05:34:58 PMI remember a thread about wood ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting a pair?

@TheDude , you are probably remembering the following thread:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/wooden-lid-bale-rollers/


I had some custom made using sugar maple.  They look and perform great!

(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_4642.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_4642.jpg.html)

(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_4643.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_4643.jpg.html)

(http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n615/MacEggs/IMG_5008.jpg) (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/MacEggs/media/IMG_5008.jpg.html)
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: TheDude on July 27, 2015, 02:57:12 PM
@MacEggs did Brian do them for you?
Title: Re: I'm part of the preformer club
Post by: WNC on July 27, 2015, 03:40:20 PM
Great find!