Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: ramsfan on January 30, 2013, 09:39:00 AM

Title: This is funny...
Post by: ramsfan on January 30, 2013, 09:39:00 AM
Look at this grill this guy is selling. When the guy assembled it, did it ever occur to him how he was going to roll it around on the two wheels? Look at where the wheels are in relation to where the pull handle is. Some people aren't too bright. lol

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/hsh/3574794391.html
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: Jeff on January 30, 2013, 09:48:07 AM
That's a long standing pet peeve for many of us on here!  Makes you wonder. 
Obviously another person too proud to read the instructions manual!!
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: reillyranch on January 30, 2013, 10:56:24 AM
There needs to be a name for these types of knuckles heads. 
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: mike.stavlund on January 30, 2013, 11:39:00 AM
That gives me a headache every time. 
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: Craig on January 30, 2013, 07:22:59 PM
The dreaded CADDYWAMPUS gag! That irritates me like when I see Smokey Joes on display at the local Ace and the damned wingnuts and screws are installed inside out.... oh and when the WEBER logo on the handles are installed upsidedown.... Call me a build snob, call me what you want, it's laziness, it's mediocrity!  >:( Unless of course you got a broken or weak leg socket or some structural circumstance on a vintage kettle that you've restored, theres no reason for it on a new one. Unless it's your "thing".  ::)  I'm sure theres someone out there that actually prefers their legs mounted caddywampus.  There I think I've covered about everyone.....
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: kaz on January 30, 2013, 07:38:25 PM
Is it just me or are about half of all the kettles on craigslist put together this way? Sometimes I'm amazed these people can even get a ad posted. We need a forehead slapping, face in your hands, ashamed emoticon sometimes. If there was a arrow on the front leg pointing up that said handle, this guy would still get it wrong.
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: 1buckie on January 30, 2013, 10:51:57 PM
Quote from: Craig on January 30, 2013, 07:22:59 PM
The dreaded CADDYWAMPUS gag! That irritates me like when I see Smokey Joes on display at the local Ace and the damned wingnuts and screws are installed inside out.... oh and when the WEBER logo on the handles are installed upsidedown.... Call me a build snob, call me what you want, it's laziness, it's mediocrity!  >:( Unless of course you got a broken or weak leg socket or some structural circumstance on a vintage kettle that you've restored, theres no reason for it on a new one. Unless it's your "thing".  ::)  I'm sure theres someone out there that actually prefers their legs mounted caddywampus.  There I think I've covered about everyone.....


Deviously insane people, off their medication, who are actually evil geniuses
& are doin' it JUST 'cause they know the folks at Weber Kettle Club will be irritated.....
Title: Re: This is funny...
Post by: Hogsy on March 20, 2013, 03:14:04 AM
Ok so what do we call this condition?
Really it's not rocket science putting a set of legs on a GA
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=300878664612&kw=300878664612
(http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/joelhogston/6EBC5F4D-182B-4AD0-A88C-2D504F43C42A-3884-00000542B8B3564B_zpsf1cb347e.jpg)
(http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/joelhogston/A4E1FB25-EABB-4FCB-9A46-8966D181FF10-3884-00000542B2885EBC_zps7c9b9d9b.jpg)
I'd love to see what he does with the vents?