Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: Grizz on June 06, 2015, 12:57:31 PM

Title: Handle for large chimney
Post by: Grizz on June 06, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
So....I wasn't happy with the ring of lump I had for the pizza so I put the chimney back on the grill, filled it up, and went back inside to put the pizza together.  YEP.  the plastic handle caught fire.  Can I still use this without a handle do you think? (I have the high heat gloves).  I don't want to bother weber since this was my own stupid fault.  just looking for some advice.  Thanks!
Title: Re: Handle for large chimney
Post by: Troy on June 06, 2015, 01:03:40 PM
you can use it with high heat gloves, but be careful.

i'm sure someone has a spare handle lying around they can mail you. :)
Title: Re: Handle for large chimney
Post by: Grizz on June 06, 2015, 01:10:36 PM
question:  would one of those cool wooden weber handles fit on the chimney?  I see there is a charred screw hanging off the assembly.
Title: Re: Handle for large chimney
Post by: Hogsy on June 06, 2015, 01:24:43 PM
Yes they do
(http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q585/joelhogston/BDE08597-AB3C-4773-90A4-7BC2D713F3CD-10854-00000D632F25F6B5_zps20dca089.jpg) (http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/joelhogston/media/BDE08597-AB3C-4773-90A4-7BC2D713F3CD-10854-00000D632F25F6B5_zps20dca089.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Handle for large chimney
Post by: ClubChapin on June 06, 2015, 01:42:55 PM
Zavod Handle on weber chimney:
(http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chapin_Place/Weber/resized_2014-11-24220925_zpse37b3dab.jpg) (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/Chapin_Place/media/Weber/resized_2014-11-24220925_zpse37b3dab.jpg.html)

(http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chapin_Place/Weber/resized_2014-11-24221003_zps1da5dd89.jpg) (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/Chapin_Place/media/Weber/resized_2014-11-24221003_zps1da5dd89.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Handle for large chimney
Post by: WNC on June 06, 2015, 03:10:12 PM
@Grizz let me know if you need one, I've got an extra one on a chimney that needs to be thrown out.
Granted not as cool as one of zavod's
Title: Re: Handle for large chimney
Post by: Grizz on June 07, 2015, 01:51:39 AM
@WNC, thanks for the offer but I ordered one of the wooden handles.