Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: THUNDERDOME on April 20, 2015, 07:53:47 AM

Title: My First 26.75"
Post by: THUNDERDOME on April 20, 2015, 07:53:47 AM
Been eyeballing these for a long time. But they dont come up on CL as often as the 22's.

Luckily a forum member sent me a message last week and had remembered I was in the market.

(http://i59.tinypic.com/21b9oom.jpg)

(http://i59.tinypic.com/dhfyxc.jpg)

(http://i58.tinypic.com/izz6v9.jpg)

It is in EXCELLENT shape, but I expected as much from a WKC member. Thanks @G$

Thanks again. Did about 8 lbs of wings on Saturday and they turned out great
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: GregS on April 20, 2015, 07:55:03 AM
Large and In Charge! 

very nice score. 
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: Craig on April 20, 2015, 08:06:36 AM
Awesome score! What's even cooler is that it's a pre "taco" lid handle.
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: indy82z on April 20, 2015, 08:08:58 AM
Nice score....
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: OoPEZoO on April 20, 2015, 09:02:03 AM
excellent......I've said it many times.  If I could only have one, it would be the 26er
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: Cuda Dan on April 20, 2015, 09:07:22 AM
Nice score what year is it?
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: 1911Ron on April 20, 2015, 10:13:46 AM
 @G$ is a good person to deal with as most here are, hopefully one day i will come across a deal like yours, enjoy!
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: G$ on April 20, 2015, 10:25:28 AM
Quote from: Craig on April 20, 2015, 08:06:36 AM
Awesome score! What's even cooler is that it's a pre "taco" lid handle.

It was hard letting it go, but in the end will be worth it!  Enjoy it @THUNDERDOME !



...and get those crappy bamboo handles replaced!
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: ramsfan on April 20, 2015, 05:07:09 PM
The 26 is the best all around general purpose grill Weber makes. (IMO) The 22 is too small many times, the RK is too big many times. The 26 is just right most times.
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: mrbill on April 20, 2015, 06:40:26 PM
(http://img.pandawhale.com/85473-south-park-NICE-meme-fi0v.png)
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: Qreps on April 20, 2015, 07:05:01 PM
Congratulations enjoy all the space. Happy cookin.
Title: My First 26.75"
Post by: Fishawn on April 20, 2015, 09:22:09 PM
Awesome Cooker! The Vortex's best friend..... I got "taco handle" 26'r and not happy about it about now... Lol... Congrats!!...Love the handles, what a beauty!!
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: jcnaz on April 21, 2015, 06:10:44 AM
Congratulations, you will love it!
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: tb80 on April 21, 2015, 07:39:44 AM
Great grill.  I got one recently and love it.
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: MINIgrillin on April 21, 2015, 10:30:34 AM
Quote from: ramsfan on April 20, 2015, 05:07:09 PM
The 26 is the best all around general purpose grill Weber makes. (IMO) The 22 is too small many times, the RK is too big many times. The 26 is just right most times.

Well said. +1
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: THUNDERDOME on April 21, 2015, 11:00:28 AM
Quote from: Cuda Dan on April 20, 2015, 09:07:22 AM
Nice score what year is it?

It is a 2010 @Cuda Dan
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: austin87 on April 21, 2015, 11:20:23 AM
Awesome score man!
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: Shoestringshop on April 21, 2015, 01:44:57 PM
Nice! I love my Grills! BUT... a 26.75" Would Look nice with the family
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: cashishift on April 22, 2015, 07:54:57 AM
I just picked up a 26 myself..

I really wish Weber made a 26" Performer.. would be the perfect charcoal grill.

I just ordered the Vortex for mine yesterday.. excited to get it.
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: WNC on April 22, 2015, 03:28:49 PM
You guys are making me want to find a 26er...
Nice score!
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: cashishift on April 23, 2015, 08:59:07 AM
Quote from: WNC on April 22, 2015, 03:28:49 PM
You guys are making me want to find a 26er...
Nice score!

I paid 75 bucks for mine on clearance...  :-X
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: dcharette on April 24, 2015, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: cashishift on April 23, 2015, 08:59:07 AM
Quote from: WNC on April 22, 2015, 03:28:49 PM
You guys are making me want to find a 26er...
Nice score!

I paid 75 bucks for mine on clearance...  :-X

Im jealous!!!  I paid the full 299.... no worries though as I love the hell out of mine. Burgers to Brisket, the 26'r is a very versatile rig.
Title: Re: My First 26.75"
Post by: THUNDERDOME on April 27, 2015, 08:31:12 AM
Quote from: dcharette on April 24, 2015, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: cashishift on April 23, 2015, 08:59:07 AM
Quote from: WNC on April 22, 2015, 03:28:49 PM
You guys are making me want to find a 26er...
Nice score!

I paid 75 bucks for mine on clearance...  :-X

Im jealous!!!  I paid the full 299.... no worries though as I love the hell out of mine. Burgers to Brisket, the 26'r is a very versatile rig.

Still worth it!