So, my C&B green performer has a 2010-AD vent code. But my identification sticker model# shows this being a black touch and go. So, the bowl and lid were put on a black touch and go cart? Sticker almost looks like it was put on as a replacement though, with the worn appearance and looks like you can see where the old sticker was underneath. What do y'all think?
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/12/juvyveha.jpg)
Run with it. Meat won't know the difference
Hey Pistols,
The "touch and go" is just the gas ignition portion of the performer table. If it says black they may have just replaced the bowl or cart at some time.
Nice snag!
Quote from: PistolsFiring on August 11, 2014, 09:16:45 AM
So, my C&B green performer has a 2010-AD vent code. But my identification sticker model# shows this being a black touch and go. So, the bowl and lid were put on a black touch and go cart? Sticker almost looks like it was put on as a replacement though, with the worn appearance and looks like you can see where the old sticker was underneath. What do y'all think?
It looks like the original sticker to me, just peeling and shrinking, where did you go to get the color info, was it from Weber?
I'm including a pic of my sticker and other than the serial being different (as it should be) the info looks pretty
much identical. I'll go out and grab some pics of the other 2 AD's and put them up if needed..
Don't know why the image didn't show, but here is take two...
(http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/dredgerguy/performer%20id%20plates/greencampbidplate_zpsfe417855.jpg)
If it bothers you that bad. I have a lid/bowl for you.
hell, I will even do the swap for you.
Long, long story...but i was able to get what I needed from weber CS. Funny thing is, I logged onto weber tonight to check my registered grills again to give the details of my performer model #s, and it appears that the CS rep has now changed my model# of the C&B performer to match what it should be. My sticker shows model# 142999 which pulls up as a black performer, but now it's changed to a 142995. I'm good to go but it was a strange conversation.
Mirkwood, when I registered the C&B online a short time ago with model 1427999 and my s/n(what my sticker reads), the website changed it to a black performer 1421001 just like my black performer I had. I didn't have time to mess with it then. Today,CS rep said, C&B model# should be 142795. I told him "maybe I wrote it down wrong then" which isn't the case. I ordered a new lid...and he ended the phone call with "hang on to that, we're not making that color again like ever." I'm sure that's a stretch but who knows with weber.
If I understand you correctly, the sticker's are not really correct to start with and the correct model number should be the
142795 number? Should that be a 7 digit mod num like most other performer mod numbers? You have 6 listed..
Mirkwood, I think that is what's going on. My bad, the C&B model# is 7 digit. 1427995. The last digit changes from 9 to 5.
No worries PF, just having the correct model number is kind of priceless to me so will be writing that
number down on the manual that came with the dark blue performer.