Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does Weber Make Custom Kettles?  (Read 3638 times)

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
Does Weber Make Custom Kettles?
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »
I was thinking about how other countries get different colors of kettles, and there have been limited edition Homer Simpson, and the lime green U-line kettles.

Has anyone ever asked the Weber company if they take commissions to make custom kettles, and what kind of numbers or requirements they have? That would be so amazing!

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
Re: Does Weber Make Custom Kettles?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
I'm thinking a WKC edition White Master Touch would be awesome.   ;)

Lets find out the minimum needed to do a run and start taking orders.  ;D
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
Does Weber Make Custom Kettles?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »
I really wish Weber would follow suit with Nike's NikeID customize shoe offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »
I'm thinking a WKC edition White Master Touch would be awesome.   ;)

Lets find out the minimum needed to do a run and start taking orders.  ;D

WOULD BUY!!!!   8)
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 03:20:45 AM »
I'm in! Are we putting the WKC logo on it?
A Wonderful Family!!!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 06:35:24 AM »

For the amount of money Weber would charge to do it, hell yes they better put the logo on it. I think a modern white kettle would be awesome.

Here are the specs:

- White 22.5" kettle, gray WKC logo (more subtle, classier)--- could they/would they put a logo on the kettle, however, and not the lid? Would it last?

- Let them supply the current charcoal gray handle; they aren't going to supply anything else anyway, and we can modify as needed

- since they don't make two-handle MasterTouch kettles anymore, it'll come with the Performer's lid bale

- lid handle comes with heat shield, like on the 26 and a few others

- lid vent comes with the "grip" slip-on insulator [that they should ALL come with IMO] -- except in gray like the logo, not black

- ashcan white or gray like the logo.

- SS "system" grate

Weber would sell like 9 of them, and only for like $2000 ea. Where do I sign up? :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 07:11:17 AM »

For the amount of money Weber would charge to do it, hell yes they better put the logo on it. I think a modern white kettle would be awesome.

Here are the specs:

- White 22.5" kettle, gray WKC logo (more subtle, classier)--- could they/would they put a logo on the kettle, however, and not the lid? Would it last?

- Let them supply the current charcoal gray handle; they aren't going to supply anything else anyway, and we can modify as needed

- since they don't make two-handle MasterTouch kettles anymore, it'll come with the Performer's lid bale

- lid handle comes with heat shield, like on the 26 and a few others

- lid vent comes with the "grip" slip-on insulator [that they should ALL come with IMO] -- except in gray like the logo, not black

- ashcan white or gray like the logo.

- SS "system" grate

Weber would sell like 9 of them, and only for like $2000 ea. Where do I sign up? :)

And therein lies the problem... good luck getting more than ten guys on this forum to agree on the same specs! I'd suggest omitting the System grate and sticking with the normal hinged grate because the system can easily be added later if the owner wishes. Other may prefer Craycort, etc.

I do like the white color, and the current charcoal gray they offer in the UK these days is pretty nice too.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 07:13:20 AM »
IMO, a 22.5" MT in any custom color without a logo would be perfect.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
IMO, a 22.5" MT in any custom color without a logo would be perfect.

I tend to agree. Any custom color, no logo. No disrespect, but I'd prefer it clean.  ;)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 08:11:29 AM »
We just need to find a place that is capable of high heat porcelain enamel coating.  Once located, we can send our own kettles in to have them sprayed however we want.

Waiting for Weber to provide this service seems to be a very low probability option.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
I don't know about that .. How many blue 18.5" Jeep kettles are there, really? Or Marlboro or Bud or ? Sure, those are big companies but that doesn't mean they're handing out hundreds. They have X number of kettles per week they make. What would it take to set a few aside, throw on a different color? You're paying for the paint and the disruption and the paperwork to make it happen.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 03:27:17 PM »
It wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll see if I can find out who to write to.

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »
No need to write - I have the Weber connections. I'll find out. Likely a minimum of a couple hundred, but I could be wrong. I found this link and though it was interesting. Similar process, and yes, it sounds expensive to strip and recoat!

http://retrorenovation.com/2011/09/06/real-porcelain-enamel-coating-to-restore-your-drainboard-sink-tub-or-stove/

And this company who definitely does high-heat applications - and antiques...

http://www.customceramic.com/

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »
Yeah, why pay big bucks to re-do, when what you really want is the real deal, factory-made process?

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
Waiting to see what comes of this, Marty.
Bill    Looking for a Yellow